Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your "other" expensive hobby?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I would also add Bourbon, except Bourbon (and TN whiskey) is too important to be called a hobby!
    I'm just getting into bourbon. To my surprise, because I'm not a very manly man, I like it neat, no ice or mixers. Most recent tries were Blanton's single barrel, Makers 46, and Woodford Double Oaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    To my surprise, because I'm not a very manly man, I like it neat, no ice or mixers.
    Same here. I prefer mine neat except for specific cocktails such as a Manhattan (about the only cocktail I mix regularly).

I'm not a significant bourbon fan though (don't care much for corn whiskey in general). I prefer my whiskeys made with wheat, rye, or barley.

Chris

Chasing trout, redfish, and flounder...ain't cheap, but I've found myself fishing a whole heck of alot more than shooting in the past few months.

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post

Chasing trout, redfish, and flounder...ain't cheap, but I've found myself fishing a whole heck of alot more than shooting in the past few months.
    Beautiful flats boat! Where do you fish? I mostly fish Cocodrie and Calcasieu Lake (Big Lake) areas in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Beautiful flats boat! Where do you fish? I mostly fish Cocodrie and Calcasieu Lake (Big Lake) areas in Louisiana.
    I mostly fish the Galveston Bay complex,with a focus on West Bay and Chocolate. There are a few trips to Matagorda and Rockport mixed in throughout the year. I fish a hell of a lot more than I catch, but this boat takes handles chop like you wouldn't believe, I can pole it in 8-9" of water, and it's very dry for a flats skiff. It surprises me every time I go out. East Cape builds a great boat, and I'll only sell this when my wife makes me buy something more family friendly. That said, my son and I love it.

JP
    Last edited by 223AI; 03-20-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong,.
    As an Iowan I can tell you you're both wrong.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Chess and it's expensive in the sense that if you want to buy a nice set, it costs way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You still like guns though, right?
    Dude...

I may be a socially liberal, recycle-reuse, occasional tree-hugging, academic - But I am not a communist.

You're talking to the guy who, literally, wants to buy a tobacco farm, open a whiskey distillery on the property, have a machine-gun shop on sight, and sell the bloodiest, most heart-attack inducing, food served at my restaurant. . Hell, I kind of want to buy a fireworks stand just so I can be on every list the BATF(U)E has. Might as well actually make it into a one-stop shop.

Do, I still like guns? Man, what kind of question is that?! Of course I still like guns! Does a bear shit in the woods? ~Grumbles Off Into the Night~

-Rob
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-21-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Dude...

I may be a socially liberal, recycle-reuse, occasional tree-hugging, academic - But I am not a communist.

You're talking to the guy who, literally, wants to buy a tobacco farm, open a whiskey distillery on the property, have a machine-gun shop on sight, and sell the bloodiest, most heart-attack inducing, food served at my restaurant. . Hell, I kind of want to buy a fireworks stand just so I can be on every list the BATF(U)E has. Might as well actually make it into a one-stop shop.

Do, I still like guns? Man, what kind of question is that?! Of course I still like guns! Does a bear shit in the woods? ~Grumbles Off Into the Night~

-Rob
    Pretty much how I am, I'll be in illinois soon. Buy you a beer?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post

I ain't no expert...but that don't look right.

User Tag List