Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your "other" expensive hobby?

My worst vice are my electric guitars - I have more guitars than guns & I ain't embarassed by the gun collection!

This nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    This nonsense

The license plate sums it up perfectly-lol! Specs?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I would agree with you, except I don't play guitar, my camera is on my phone, I sold my bike and bought a truck instead, coffee is important, but not that important...and I'm writing this, while drinking a Miller Lite that is stored in a koozie...

-Rob
    Are we twins? I could have written all of that word for word right down to the Miller Lite and koozie at this exact moment.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Guns are my "other" expensive hobby. Below is my main, and worth every penny. Her little brother should be here any day now.

Last edited by StraitR; 03-17-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I really want to move to WY someday, but comments like this (no matter how true) aren't helping.
    Wisconsin is the best place i have lived, can't wait to go back

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    This nonsense

That is a... turbo LS1 E36?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wisconsin is the best place i have lived, can't wait to go back
    I don't know man, every time I drive across the border, it feels like I'm in some sort of weird twilight zone. It never seems dangerous - just...off somehow. City streets with 25 MPH speed limits instead of the usual 30, street and highway signs on wooden posts instead of the usual metal. Everything's a little bit different over there, and I have yet to get a clear explanation of the "why" of the differences. I mean, at least they honor my MN carry permit, but there's something odd about WI.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but I'm inclined to say something like "citation needed" in response to your assertion.

I have always said if it combusts gunpowder or gasoline I want in.

Motorcycles were my total focus for a while, I peaked at having five and even road raced a couple of years. Got back into snowmobiles about ten years ago. And I frequently have had a boat around, though I am vowing to not get another one until I get to a point in life where I could spend more time on a boat than working on a boat. I have always enjoyed nice cars and have had some OK ones but between sales jobs or long commutes I never had anything I couldn't wear out, and I always had a truck to either tow the boat I had or the one I was about to get. But a few months ago I got a simple Focus ST to complement the F-150 and have been really enjoying it, man I have missed having a manual...

But a few years ago I started shooting compound bows and I have always enjoyed bicycling so I have broadened my Gunpowder or Gasoline adage to saying I like to Ride and Shoot. But between pistols, snowmobiles, revolvers, motorcycles, rifles, boats, shotguns, cars, bows, trucks and bicycles I clearly lack focus...

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    That is a... turbo LS1 E36?
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    The license plate sums it up perfectly-lol! Specs?

That plate generally sums up all of my automotive exploits.

Basics rundown a 95 M3, 5.3L L33 LSx based motor with forged rods/pistons, T56 6 speed and a Precision 7675CEA turbo. The forged motor is new over the winter and should be back on the road in a few weeks. I previously had a stock LM7, the iron block 5.3 workhorse in millions of trucks, but bent all the rods at 18psi and put one through the pan. The internet seems to say the rods get wobbly around 750whp and the fuel consumption in the datalogs seems to support that. The plan is to turn the new motor up to 24+psi on race gas and see what itll make.

Full build thread can be found here. http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...LS-Turbo-build
    Last edited by jon volk; 03-18-2016 at 08:50 AM.

User Tag List