Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTF???

I pay because I learn stuff here. There are some people here that I will never value their opinion, but there are others that are legit and I wish they would post more.

I use tapatalk and I don't see any silly ads.

JR1572

WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FWIW, Tapatalk does serve ads, but gives users the ability to opt out by paying a fee. We're supposed to get a portion of those fees and ad revenue. It works out, on average, to a whopping $15 per month.
    Don't spend it all in one place.

JR1572
    Last edited by JR1572; 03-13-2016 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typing too fast again

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It's pretty obvious that if you want to continue having this resource available to you, a small donation is worth it.
    Whether it's worth it or not wasn't the question. You still haven't made it clear why not donating is doing anyone a disservice.

Perhaps it's random that Slavex gets served ads about midget dominatrices and that JDM gets ads in Spansih about potting soil, but then again, maybe it's not. I'm thinking that you (and Slavex and JDM) might want to avoid posting screenshots that include the other tabs you have open in your browser.
    Some of my browsing history might be considered to be weird by some people, but none of it would, as far as I can reason out, lead to an ad about waxing services.

Perhaps it's random that Slavex gets served ads about midget dominatrices and that JDM gets ads in Spansih about potting soil, but then again, maybe it's not. I'm thinking that you (and Slavex and JDM) might want to avoid posting screenshots that include the other tabs you have open in your browser.
    Tierra para macetas que era excelente.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Whether it's worth it or not wasn't the question. You still haven't made it clear why not donating is doing anyone a disservice.
    Because unless you click through ads like crazy, you're not paying for what you're using (by both reading and posting). Even if you do click through a lot of ads -- say one a week, so ~50 a year -- you're probably not contributing a tenth as much as a site supporter. You're freeloading. It's not the same as stealing -- it's a vulgarity, not a sin -- but you're still certainly doing yourself and others no favors.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Because unless you click through ads like crazy, you're not paying for what you're using (by both reading and posting). Even if you do click through a lot of ads -- say one a week, so ~50 a year -- you're probably not contributing a tenth as much as a site supporter. You're freeloading. It's not the same as stealing -- it's a vulgarity, not a sin -- but you're still certainly doing yourself and others no favors.
    Nothing is free in this world, and paying once a year for what amounts to be pocket change a month for information is pretty much as big of a deal as anyone gets these days.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm not posting this for any other reason than to present data.
    As long as you're presenting data, what's the cost of the bandwidth consumed by the average user on a monthly basis?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    As long as you're presenting data, what's the cost of the bandwidth consumed by the average user on a monthly basis?
    The real cost of the forum is personal time spent by the mods and admins. Anyone can start a forum, the problems are defining the type of people you want to attract, keeping them around, and trying to make it worth your personal time. Folks have to want to donate their time that they won't get back and it's hard to put a price on that. I've spent hours on a Sunday morning blocking spammers, Tom Jones spends way too much time behind the scenes making this a community that can sustain his copious personal investment.

Often, there's problems with censorship and integrity on the part of the forum staffs as well but from the beginning, PF has had clearly defined Rules of Conduct for Staff and forum members.

Anyway, bandwidth isn't an issue. Time is the resource those who help run this place are short on and I'm not complaining but rather just laying it out since some are very interested in how PF operates.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-14-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    #RESIST

Seems I've stepped on some toes, apologies. At work AdBlock is pretty much not going away ever but for the sake of good feels I'll add an exception at home

Where the hell do you even buy a "membership" here?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List