Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF???

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Oh Christ. He posted here, now we're all infected. For all I know now everyone here is malware. It's gonna hit the fan soon unless we stay calm and start testing each other.
    I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...if you aren't a supporting member of this forum, you are really doing yourself and other members a disservice...
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    How so?
    Find another forum that has the same amount of original content, then find another forum that does give aways constantly, then find another forum that does free to members training classes.

Then you have a mod staff that actually give a damn about the content and members, keeping most of the riffraff out or quite.

As many here, we go on different forums and see different aspects of the internet, I've been on forums since there were no forums and I had to dial into a BBS with my 14.4, and out of all the forums out there, this is the forum I call home.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

voodoo_man, that's a great list of stuff that I also appreciate about this place, but it doesn't explain how not making a direct financial contribution is doing anyone a disservice. Those of us who aren't supporting members still get served ads, for which the forum gets paid. It's not like we're financial leeches.

boy my ad blocking protocol here must be working wonders. I've never seen a single ad on this site!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I backed my ad blockers off after Tom mentioned in another thread that PF makes no money if we see no ads. Now I see the banner ads at the top of the page, which can be amusing, since I get to play "Why am I seeing an ad for {ATM} Fred Meyer Money Services?" Or a Cadillac dealer in Alabama.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

It's more fun my way.

Also: Not goin' to Louisiana to buy a Hyundai...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The vast majority of the ads served on PF are interest-based, meaning that Google is showing you ads that it thinks would be of interest to you based upon stuff like your recent Google searches and browsing history.
    There must be a random element involved, too, because just this morning, I got an ad about "waxing services" which was a picture of a woman's posterior in a bikini partially covered in sand, as though she had just stood up after sitting on the beach. I can assure you I have not recently, or to the best of my recollection, ever, searched for waxing services. It did give me a laugh, though.

voodoo_man, that's a great list of stuff that I also appreciate about this place, but it doesn't explain how not making a direct financial contribution is doing anyone a disservice. Those of us who aren't supporting members still get served ads, for which the forum gets paid. It's not like we're financial leeches.
    Being served ads doesn't mean the forum gets paid. Depends on what you click on and buy through that ad you see in front of you.
    #RESIST

It's pretty obvious that if you want to continue having this resource available to you, a small donation is worth it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List