Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF???

WTF???

Okay, the incessant pop-ups don't bother me; I just scroll down a bit and they disappear from my view.

But this Cabela's ad that includes sound means I gotta turn MY sound off. Most annoying.

I understand the site needs revenue, and have never complained before, even though some of pop-ups can be a PITA.

But this is going too far, I fear.

You got some malware...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I can assure that there ABSOLUTELY NO pop-ups or ads with sound on PF. It sounds like you have some malware installed on your computer.
    Okay, thanks. So… they lied when they told me this expensive-ass Apple iMac was immune to malware/viruses? Guess that's my penance for being computer-illiterate…

Sorry for the rant.

That's what you get for insinuating j-frames can't be readily implemented as precision long range instruments of death! This sort of backlash is completely to be expected after such an assault upon the PF timmie brain trust!

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    That's what you get for insinuating j-frames can't be readily implemented as precision long range instruments of death! This sort of backlash is completely to be expected after such an assault upon the PF timmie brain trust!

Yes; yes! I get it now; I marked myself for de-assimilation!

And I didn't mean to insinuate it; I thought I flat-out WROTE it…

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Hopefully the info at the following link will help:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987
    Thanks, Tom; I'll give that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Okay, thanks. So… they lied when they told me this expensive-ass Apple iMac was immune to malware/viruses? Guess that's my penance for being computer-illiterate…
    That's the line we got at work (I'm in networking and security) on the same day we found a virus on one of the few Macs we have in the company. It shut down the "we don't need antivirus" argument real fast.

And a little bit of history: the very first piece of malware was specifically designed on, and for, Apple computers! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeper_(program)

Oh Christ. He posted here, now we're all infected. For all I know now everyone here is malware. It's gonna hit the fan soon unless we stay calm and start testing each other.

This is The Thing all over again.

But yes check for malware and invest in adblock addons if you haven't already
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    If you're going to use adblock software on PF, do the half-decent thing and become a supporting member.

...if you aren't a supporting member of this forum, you are really doing yourself and other members a disservice...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List