Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Ear Plugs?

I have some custom plugs, the real deal where a tech pours goo in your ear to make plugs that fit your ear canals exactly. You even get to pick the color. And I hat them! they're somehow less comfortable than foamies, they don't block as much sound, they take longer to put in and position, and I can't lose them or throw them out if they get gunky. I like regular old soft foam plugs better in every way.

Man, I just pop mine in my ears. Of course I've been using them for a long time so I'm used to them. I always had trouble rolling up the foam plugs and getting good insertion into my ears. The custom plugs were a huge improvement to me as far as ease of use and comfort. They are a whole lot easier for me to put in than the foam plugs, they clean off very easily with a little soap and water, they pretty much never wear out, and they are flush with the outer part of the ear so they don't interfere with muffs over top. I'll grant you, they may not seal out noise as well as the foam plugs, but they still do a good job, for me at least.

User Tag List