Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are Gen4's still shooting to the left?

Peculiarity of my eyes, but I need a left correction on all long guns with iron sights, and a slight right correction on all handguns (revolver, 1911, polymer). That said, I need more right correction on the one Gen 4 22 I have, than any other handgun I have owned.

Mine is definitely shooting to the left about 3 inches of center at 25 yards but very good groups, I'm going to bump the rear sight to see if it corrects it.
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 05-28-2012 at 09:43 PM.

My Gen 3 G17 shot slightly, but noticeably to the left with my Ameriglo CAPS. I drifted the sight slightly to the right with a Glock sight tool. The pistol is accurate enough forme to plink at long distance. So I blame it on this one particular gun, especially since I shot a G30, G22, and a G27 to point of aim with no problem. The G30 had I-dots and the .40's both had Mepro three dots. My Gen 4 G19 is pretty much as dead on as you can get with those stock plastic sights.

Quote Originally Posted by JOM View Post
    Shot 100 rounds today with my brand new G22 Gen4. I shot 2in RIGHT, I am a lefty...... any chance it"s the heavier trigger pull on the Gen4s?
    I'm a lefty too and had the same issue with 2 Gen4's (G22 and G23). I consistently shoot about 2-3" off-center @ 2:00-3:00. I have to Kentucky windage my .40 @ 15y to hit center! On my G23 which is my CCW, I installed adjustable truglo sights and just corrected windage to center. This was after several months of trying to adjust my trigger control, finger depth, etc. I picked up a friends .40 M&P and hit POA...same with another friends .45 XDm in the same shooting session. So that's when I conceded to just get adjustable sights. Now if I can only get the ejection issueS fixed...

Site Supporter
    Hate to resurrect this thread but recently I converted to a Gen 4 G17 from a Gen 4 19. The trigger is noticeably stiffer and I found myself consistently shooting 1-2" left at 15 yards despite grip, trigger manipulation etc. I am attributing this to the trigger and hopefully it will smooth out with use, eliminating this phenomenon.

Any updates from anyone as it seems to be reported by others here.

Site Supporter
    It varies a bit from gun to gun. I have two G4 17s One of which is my duty gun,both shot consistently to the left out of the box and required some recite correction to the right. My newest Glock is a blue label G4 34 which was dead on right out-of-the-box.

For me, it varies by caliber, model and individual pistol.

My 43 requires no sight deflection to achieve POA/POI. My 17's require some right deflection, and my G4's (sample of three) require even more right deflection.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Use a sandbag and shoot it supported, it can help you determine if it's you or the gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Use a sandbag and shoot it supported, it can help you determine if it's you or the gun.
    Wish I could do this. I actually shoot more consistent groups at 15 and 25 freestyle than when I try benching them.

I've never seen a Glock shoot to the left. I have however seen Glocks shot to the left. It's easy to do, but it's not the gun.

User Tag List