Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Gen4's still shooting to the left?

Are Gen4's still shooting to the left?

About this time last year I purchased a Gen4 G22. Compared to my fleet of Gen3 guns and my past Gen2 guns I found the finish to be ugly (looked like oil/rust in it) and found that it shot to the left. I thought it was just me, but I gave the gun to several other Glock aficianados to shoot and even after majorly drifting the sights we all found the gun shot to the left. I traded it for another Gen3 G21.

I spoke to Kevin Doski and several other trusted friends and their Gen4's were doing the same.

Has anyone here experienced this bias towards the left with their Gen4?

Has Glock sorted it out with the latest production?

I have owned two and have not experienced this nor have heard of it. Still own one.
    #RESIST

Ive never heard of just Gen4's shooting Left, but lots of folks shoot left with there Glocks. As for the Gen4's I have 6 of them in .40 and 2 in 9mm and None of them shoot left. Except for the one 9mm they have all been near perfect ( one FTE on the second G17) the .40's have been 100%.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

A little background...

I have shot Glocks continously since 1998 and have never experienced this problem until this particular Gen4 G22. I thought it was me at first or that the slightly different trigger was throwing me off. Then I talked to some folks experiencing the same issue. We discussed it on 10-8forums a bit. All the guns seem to be about the same vintage.

It's reassuring to hear no one is having this issue. I ask because I'm thinking of picking up a Gen4 G19 to give Gen4 guns another try.

Here is my little experience with Glocks shooting left (this is a gen 3 G19 though).

I shot and shot and shot mine, and it kept shooting slightly left. Not by much, so I thought it was me with my 1911 trigger skills. I then asked one dude whose initials are E.L., to shoot mine. It shot left for him. I went home and drifted the sights. I then asked another dude, who goes by TLG, to shoot that Glock with sights drifted to the right. The pistol shot dead center for him.

By now I've heard of many very good shooters needing to drift their Glock sights to the right. While not all Gs do that, I think that incidence is high enough to call it a systematic issue, without regard to generation.

Just my 2c but I would make sure the G19 has the new Ejector in it. My gen4 G34 has it and I think it is going to fix most the gen4 9mm issues... least I sure hope it does...

As for the shooting Left. I think it really might come down to grip pressure as I have had them shoot Left and the more I work with them the less that happens.

Take a look at this thread. http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...h-new-Gen4-G17

I'd like to see more discussion on the video.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

We are diminished
    Mine shot a tad left. It was fixed by a one-tap adjustment via punch & hammer.

Yep, I reckon so.

My gen4 G19 definitely shoots to the left. It is quite definitive.

I've heard of several explanations. Yet, it seems to be "a systematic issue" to me too.
    "Keep your powder dry and your hatchet scoured."

I have a friend in my IDPA league that acquired a used Gen 3 G19 that shot so far to the left that the rear sight was drifted to the point of overhanging off the right side of the slide. Glock was great about it; they provided him a shipping label, and fixed the problem; it turned out to be the slide lock needing to be replaced (and they thoroughly when through the rest of the gun as well).

Best, Jon

My Gen4 G17 serial # prefix: RSWxxx test fire date: June/2011 shot way left with my Triji HD sights centered. I drifted the rear slightly to the right and it now hits POA for me.

User Tag List