Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: GLOCK KILLER...PMG STRYK-B

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    If the goal is to beat Glock, a gun is only a small part of what you'd need.
    ^^THIS^^

GK

I am not a fan of Glock, just my personal preference in how it feels in my hand, I have shot various models over the years. They are reliable and well build machines. My main issue with Glock pistols is this and I think (my opinion) would make almost the perfect pistol, though I am loving my CZP10c, I think if it could take the vast amount of glock magazines that our out there would of ruled.

Based around the Glock 17 or 19:

Have a factory trigger as good as that is on CZP10C
    Have iron sights, with either fiber optic front or gold bead
    Smooth out the beavertail and make it a 1/16th longer
    Smooth out all the factory "polymer lines"
    Grip, needs to have VZ grip G10 panels installed or inlaid
    Front and Back strap chain checkering
    paddle magazine release (like on the VP9)

Site Supporter
    Resurrecting an old thread: Garand Thumb just released a new review of the Archon Type B. I've yet to see one in person, but I still think it looks like an interesting pistol.

The biggest problem any of these up and coming newest greatest new fathomed guns are going to have is parts availability and support.

I have the Strike One that has been gussied up by Salient and was about 2 grand. I bought into all the hype and tried to make it my main competition gun.

And you know what? It has had high double digit failures. On its third barrel. Probably a large number of internals replaced. And none of this was from anything moderately high of a round count-- still barely over 1000 rounds with most of them being the range. I no longer use it-- not having another event ruined because another part in the gun decided to quit.

The Type B has improvements on several areas, mostly the problematic frame, but you still can't buy parts or find any information on them. Salient has stood behind the gun so I can't complain there but it has been back to them four times.

Maybe a well known reviewer likes it now. But what happens once there are problems a month or two or a year later? No parts, no information, no aftermarket support.

I like the way it shoots. But I also like the way a G34 or P10C shoots.

User Tag List