Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J frame timing issues?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Who said it was a design feature? Not me. It happens, and prevents issues on a slightly-out-of-time piece.

But I sincerely doubt it is an intended consequence… because the older guns do it too, and have been since long before you or I were breathing.

I misread what you were saying. Yes, I agree it happens and inertia keeps the gun rolling (no pun intended), but I still view it as a problem that needs to be fixed.

Why?

You might not always have inertia on your side. Maybe your firing from a pocket and the material is dragging on the cylinder or maybe you're trying to use the gun against someone who doesn't want you to and has grabbed the gun (but not enough to prevent you from pulling the trigger).

Yes, I know the OP was talking about slowly dryfiring an empty gun...

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Metallica is now "classic rock". What is thsi I don't even.
    Don't remind me. I saw an article the other day about the 30yr anniversary of Master of Puppets. I remember when that album came out.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I misread what you were saying. Yes, I agree it happens and inertia keeps the gun rolling (no pun intended), but I still view it as a problem that needs to be fixed.

Why?

You might not always have inertia on your side.
    I think the larger point is that when you have cartridges in the gun you don't need intertia anymore. If you do, that's a telltale sign of the gun actually being out of time. Extractor slop in an unloaded cylinder is a fit/finish/feel problem, not a functional one. You don't shoot empty guns.

Don't remind me. I saw an article the other day about the 30yr anniversary of Master of Puppets. I remember when that album came out.
    I'm a hair's breadth from yelling at kids on my lawn. This is what getting old feels like.
    Last edited by jh9; 03-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Nephrology, are you pulling the trigger slowly when you hear and feel these things? How does the gun shoot?
    You may just be exploring the inner obscurities of the lockwork in too much detail.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I think the larger point is that when you have cartridges in the gun you don't need intertia anymore. If you do, that's a telltale sign of the gun actually being out of time. Extractor slop in an unloaded cylinder is a fit/finish/feel problem, not a functional one.
    Exactly.

And go ahead and yell at them. But if you feel the urge to use your M1 to convince them to leave… might want to reconsider that one…

User Tag List