Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2

I didn't know anyone used the thumb safeties on the Shadow.
    Oh, I don't shoot competitively, so I hadn't thought about that. It was just the first thing that popped into my head after seeing it. I suppose trigger reach is the more likely reason why it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Oh, I don't shoot competitively, so I hadn't thought about that. It was just the first thing that popped into my head after seeing it. I suppose trigger reach is the more likely reason why it's there.
    Yes, in Production, you start DA. I honestly don't know if I have ever flipped the thumb safeties from the fire position. If you could manage to sneak the thumb safeties on, after Production guys make ready, the resulting chaos would be You Tube worthy. Why won't my gun fire?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Slavex, thanks for the detailed pics. I am looking forward to these hitting the US market, just might make me hang up the single stack and switch back to production.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    Slavex, thanks for the detailed pics. I am looking forward to these hitting the US market, just might make me hang up the single stack and switch back to production.
    Stuart at CZ Custom says 3rd quarter arrival as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, in Production, you start DA. I honestly don't know if I have ever flipped the thumb safeties from the fire position. If you could manage to sneak the thumb safeties on, after Production guys make ready, the resulting chaos would be You Tube worthy. Why won't my gun fire?
    That's exactly why I've always wondered at the Shadow and all its variants being made from the safety version of the CZ platform rather than the decocker version. Seems like the latter would make a lot more sense for competition, presuming you could still have a good trigger. Is it just not possible to get a light, crisp trigger out of a decocker CZ, or is it a case of people sticking with the way things have always been because it's familiar, or is there some other reason?

I think the consensus is the triggers are better on the no firing pin safety Shadow models, and the low profile thumb safeties are in a better position than the decocker. Plus, you get a natural high from the drama of having to decock at the beginning of each stage and risking a DQ if you let one off in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I honestly don't know if I have ever flipped the thumb safeties from the fire position.
    You might wanna do it once or twice just to make sure they work.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You might wanna do it once or twice just to make sure they work.
    I was hoping they wouldn't work or move.

Would be funny if you got bumped to Open at Area 1 because them safeties not working.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Would be funny if you got bumped to Open at Area 1 because them safeties not working.
    Snitches get shot.

Even though the odds of a RO knowing there are thumb safeties on a Shadow are minuscule, I just went and checked. Darn hard to put them on, but functional.

User Tag List