Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2

CZ Shadow 2

The text is going to be a bit sparse, but figured I'd upload my pics to a more friendly format than Facebook, and original size too so people can get some detail instead of just blur. Although there might be some blurry images until I find them and delete them. Any questions feel free to ask.

Ok some larger images from the other thread on CZs where I showed the slide length compared to a regular Shadow, as well as the barrel length, with one photo showing the new barrel in a regular slide. Basically an Australian legal barrel.

Last edited by Slavex; 03-08-2016 at 11:55 PM.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

the guts

So, now let's look inside (I know right? I'm doing this backwards, it's the way the images came up on imugr, I didn't realize I could change the sort order so easily)

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

People have asked about the reduced area under the beavertail. It's true, it has been cut a bunch. As the frame is 1mm thicker on each side, they had to. But they did it enough that people like champion shooter (and awesome woman) Maria Gushchina can easily reach the trigger while maintaining a proper grip with the gun centered in the web of her hand. She can get the tip of her finger completely on the trigger and easily manipulate the double action first shot

First my hand compared to hers,

her holding the gun with finger on the trigger

blurry from above

the beavertail area

Last edited by Slavex; 03-08-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

what about the bushing gun?

well here you go!

My favorite photo that I took at IWA

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Now some shots of the actual gun for everyone, again, this will be a bit scattered and you'll see some single action guns mixed in there, as well as different triggers on the DA/SA guns too. As well as some shots that I hope show a bit more detail back at the beavertail and how they've changed that, you can really see it with the grips. As well the new adjustable 3 position mag catch and the new trigger guard shape

a gratuitous cameo.... (I can get really really high on this gun)

Missed the shot of the champagne spilling over the gun

screw mud and sand, CZ tests with champagne, and the good stuff too, just imagine what it's going to be like once it dries..

a bit better of a look at the beavertail area

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

And lastly, some bling. I'm not normally into this kind of thing, and honestly didn't really notice this was even a Shadow 2 until the 3rd day I think, I actually kind of liked it.

this actually shows under the trigger guard a lot better I think

closer

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Okay, I think that's everything. Any questions please ask. I played with the guns a fair bit and talked to my teammates who've had the chance to play with this new gun a lot as well.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

How many different grips are there to play with the thickness? I have a feeling that with the new cut in the beaver tail I'm going to need to really thick grips to compensate.

all the ones at the show were the same thickness as far as I can tell. Not sure what the plan is, but I have pretty damn big hands and have zero issue with the current setup

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Will this be the standard CZ frame on other guns moving forward? Not gonna lie, the only reason I've been staying away from the CZ has been that the trigger reach is way too long for my hands.

User Tag List