Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of our officers injured in shooting.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

One of our officers injured in shooting.

Press release:

https://local.nixle.com/alert/560178..._id=1000000408

INDIANAPOLIS - A 14-year-veteran IMPD Officer sustained a slight injury to his left hand after the officer and an unknown suspect exchanged gunfire on the city's south side.

Just after 4:00 a.m., Southeast District officer on normal patrol attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic infraction. The vehicle, a blue Chevy Cavalier, attempted to evade the officer's attempt at a traffic stop and a short chase ensued. It was during the pursuit that one of the occupants of the suspect vehicle started shooting at the pursuing officer with what detectives believe was a rifle. Although suffering from an injury, the officer was able to return fire. It is likely the Officer's injuries were sustained from flying glass from his driver's side window. At least two occupants from the vehicle fled on foot. An intensive search was conducted for the car, that now had sustained rear window damage, and/or suspects however as of the release neither had been found.

Detectives are canvassing the area searching for anyone that may have additional information, and the Indianapolis-Marion County Forensic Services Agency is processing the crime scene for information. Once detectives have had the opportunity to debrief all those involved we hope to provide further updates including a reliable suspect description. The officer was not seriously injured and remained at the scene where he receive medical attention from EMS personnel. The officer is currently assigned to the Southeast District.

Anyone with information about the car, again a blue Chevrolet Cavalier with a rear damaged window with Indiana plate number In God We Trust REX218 or suspects is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Indiana a(317) 262-TIPS. All information shared via Crime Stoppers should be considered anonymous.

##PD16026527##

Best of luck hunting down the feral. If you're gonna get injured I'll take a glass hand injury over taking one in the vest any day, glad he'll be fine.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

My thoughts and prayers are with the wounded officer, that he makes a full recovery and has a speedy return to duty.

Good luck and good hunting to the rest of the Department.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Glad the officer will be okay!

"...in this abandoned apartment complex at 39th and Emerson. Someone noticed something suspicious and called the police..."

Since when is a burning car at 39th & Emerson suspicious?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We had one today just like it, two officers try to stop a car wanted for drug violations and the four occupants open fire, officer in hospital with GSW to the shoulder, doers are in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    We had one today just like it, two officers try to stop a car wanted for drug violations and the four occupants open fire, officer in hospital with GSW to the shoulder, doers are in the wind.
    Scary!

Where did this happen?
    A71593

Good hunting! Glad the officer is OK.

This sort of thing is why I was always in high "orange" when I put lights on a car, especially after dark. The bailing out shooting attack is one of the more successful scumbag tactics. KCMO PD had numerous cases of this happening throughout the '90s
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This sort of thing is why I was always in high "orange" when I put lights on a car, especially after dark. The bailing out shooting attack is one of the more successful scumbag tactics. KCMO PD had numerous cases of this happening throughout the '90s
    My coworker got shot 130pmish on a busy city street. Orange is a state of being...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    http://fox59.com/2016/03/10/authorit...-impd-officer/

Police issued a warrant for the man suspected of leading police on a chase and shooting at an IMPD officer.

Police say Michael Swafford, 31, has been formally charged with attempted murder and resisting law enforcement.
    Not his first time being charged with murder:

http://www.wthr.com/story/12359441/m...treet-homicide

User Tag List