Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere between mild regret and WTF was I thinking?

A Colt Series 70 Gold Cup National Match with about 200 rounds through it. At the time, I liked shooting revolvers more (and still do).

Guns I wish I'd sold and still own: a Dan Wesson revolver set with 3 interchangeable barrels. What a piece of crap.

ETA: Sorry just noticed I was in the revolver forum. A Gold Cup doesn't qualify.
    Last edited by Tom Duffy; 03-08-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Guns I wish I'd sold and still own: a Dan Wesson revolver set with 3 interchangeable barrels. What a piece of crap.
    Really? Those things are in demand. I could never justify the coin for the multi-barrel sets myself. Now I'm kind of glad I didn't.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Really? Those things are in demand. I could never justify the coin for the multi-barrel sets myself. Now I'm kind of glad I didn't.

Chris
    It's broken three times with very light usage with wadcutters. The double action, while shorter than a smith, defines terrible. The hand currently engages the cylinder only in the horizontal position. As much as I don't shoot guns straight up in the air, it does make you wonder. I did buy it used, so it's possible someone traded it in without full disclosure.

A original condition S&W M1917 that I got for under $350. The only pistol I ever pulled for self defense, didn't use it but it's presence convinced this dude he was at the wrong house.

4" Python I traded for some "state of the art" wondernine circa 1992.

I sold my beloved S&W 629 5" Classic last year to fund a safe since my daughter is getting older. I really didn't want to sell it but it was the only gun I had that I knew I could sell quickly and get the funds I needed.

I always have my eyes out for another one. sniff....sniff.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

5 inch S&W Model 27 and a Novak Special Ops Hi Power by Kurt Wickmann. Thanks for the nostalgic kick in the groin.
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

1915 Mk V/VI Webley, all numbers matched, 5" BBl, seemingly original wooden birds-head grips and intact lanyard ring. Unconverted cylinder in .455/450, of course.
    Also a reblued S & W M & P .38 special with 4" barrel and original *very worn* gutta percha grips on a round butt, circa 1912. Not worth tons, but the best double action I have ever encountered in 30+ years of messing with the things. Just the epitome of a good S & W trigger.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    4" Python I traded for some "state of the art" wondernine circa 1992.
    Oh. Ow.

I feel your pain. I traded a cherry early `70s Python with the most awesome finish ever AND a Russian SKS with bits of cosmo still on it back during the AWB.

For a Carbon-15. With 3 mags. One of which worked.

Voluntarily. I did this on purpose.

Smith & Wesson Model 63 snub - had some sort of metallurgy problem, no matter how much I scrubbed or what product I used, the barrel would not come clean. I got mad and sold it. I should have sent it to Smith.

-shooter

User Tag List