Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere between mild regret and WTF was I thinking?

Somewhere between mild regret and WTF was I thinking?

Enjoying the "Favorite Revolvers" thread, but it made me think about the guns I wish I hadn't let get away. Let's hear about the ones you wish you still had.

Kicking it off:

Name:  linebaugh.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  69.8 KB

One or both S&W Model 58's I used to own. Picked them up separately for a song in the early '80's. Very sad.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

A brushed stainless Colt King Cobra. I sure miss that gun. It did, however, fund my entire brace of "cowboy" action shooting guns that got me started in CAS though.
    I swore I'd never sell another handgun after that for fear I'd miss it later. So I just buy a bigger safe.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have never sold a revolver.

Generally speaking I am slow to acquire new guns and hesitant to get rid of them, but if I buy a revolver it's because I absolutely need it in my life (for one reason or another...)
    Last edited by Nephrology; 03-07-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Selling revolvers? Isn't that illegal or something? (Well I did trade away a Hi Standard .22 Magnum once, but those were not good guns).

Taurus Gaucho
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    I've had and let go both a 3" Lew Horton M24 and a 6 1/2" M24.

Colt Delta Elite - A great shooting gun I should have never gotten rid of. Sold due to ammo cost and availability.

4" S&W 686 CS-1. The gun had end shake and at the time I didn't know how easy it was to fix that issue.

Colt Anaconda 6" 44mag. I understand some of these were problematic but I had one that shot and functioned well. Sold to fund a Kahr arms MK 9 off duty piece which I do not miss at all.

I wish I'd bought my issued Security Six back in 1990 when we traded them in on 9mm. I owned (and still have) a 4" GP100 and then didn't see the point in owning two 4" .357s.

I had a Ruger short-shroud stainless steel GP100 in .357 magnum that I'd had a Wolff spring kit in, and then the entire revolver bead-blasted to a matte silver-gray finish. I actually traded it in once, re-bought-it (the shop was great about it, and let me buy it back for what they'd paid me, and than traded it in again as a partial trade on a Walther P88, as I recall (or maybe it was a SIG P210-6).

The P88 was interesting, but didn't do anything appreciably better than my SIG P228, or others-so eventually I traded it in also, with no lingering regrets; the SIG P210 was likewise also eventually sold to finance my Nighthawk Custom Talon II custom build.-but I do wish I hadn't traded off that GP100...

I also had a stainless steel 5.5" barrel "old" model Ruger Vaquero, with an El Paso Saddlery John Wesley Hardin shoulder rig, that I sold to a friend. I never shot it particularly well, but that was probably more a reflection on me than on the Vaquero's capabilities. While I'm much happier with my current New Model Blackhawk Convertible, which is a much more shootable and practical single-action for me, I still kind of wish I had that Vaquero.

Best, Jon

My "Book of Tears" would crash the forum on bandwidth.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List