Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leatham wins Carry Optics at Area 2

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    He also had Under Armour clits - red on the left and blue on the right (If I am not mistaken) to match his green PJ pants.
    Ummm

heh heh heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Now you gotta come up with something more radical than the spongebob backpack to beat that.
    Someday that SpongeBob bag is going to fall apart. Then I won't know what to do. Probably find another little kids' backpack to use. I bet Japan has a disturbing one that I would like.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Minor scoring is a bitch... Right Gabe?
    I think I would say that Minor scoring is just fine. What's wrong with the world is Major scoring.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I was amused to see a John McClain on the list
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I saw John at a recent match. He was wearing the funniest pants imaginable.
    Was he wearing shoes?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Was he wearing shoes?
    One red and one blue cleat. Says after he wears one pair out, he switches sides with the remaining two cleats.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Serious question:

I hear tracking the dot on a slide mounted optic is tougher and a bit slower than using irons for a higher level shooter...so would a higher level shooter just win carry optics by shooting the backup irons through the sight?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    One red and one blue cleat. Says after he wears one pair out, he switches sides with the remaining two cleats.
    Hmmm I swear that is not what I read before
    Lord of the Food Court

Top of the page, it's not.
    If I'd read "cleat" I wouldn't have asked...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Serious question:

I hear tracking the dot on a slide mounted optic is tougher and a bit slower than using irons for a higher level shooter...so would a higher level shooter just win carry optics by shooting the backup irons through the sight?
    I've read/heard that people shoot with the BUIS when that's faster, then switch to the red dot for shots where that gives you an advantage further out. Hoping someone with actual knowledge can help you out more...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Serious question:

According to the class boundaries for this USPSA Production classifier I shot two weeks ago, and for others I have looked at, you need to shoot a higher HF in Carry Optics to get the same percentage as you would shooting Production. Unless this is a start up glitch, HQ thinks CO is easier than iron sights. See example below where my Production HF nets a higher percentage than CO.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

USPSA's classification system is chocked full of glitches. They're all over the place. It's hardly what I'd be using as a barometer for the actual respective difficulty, especially in a brand spanking new division. Admittedly, it'd be interesting to know how they come up with the numbers, but the organization has typically been anything but transparent about how classifiers are rated/scored/updated.

There's a lengthy discussion on one of Stoeger's podcasts joking about having a rule that states you HAVE to have an optic on the gun to shoot the division b/c otherwise it'd be getting won by an iron sighted gun.

t

User Tag List