Wanted to give an update. This pistol just came back from Sig. The paper work indicates that they recrowned the barrel and adjusted the trigger bar. The barrel looks new so I'm not sure if it was really recrowned and then refinished or if it is a new barrel. Not sure why they messed with the trigger bar because no complaint was made about the trigger. Dad claims it feels heavier but no way to know for sure.

I shot it before and I can verify that it was an absolute dog. Would not group reliably at any distance. At 25 yards it looked like a shotgun pattern.

A test target was returned with the pistol and the group is very good. About 1" from 15 yards with 115 FMJ. From my dads hands he claimed it is staying in the black of an NRA slow fire target at 25 yards. That is a significant improvement.

Also, Sig returned the pistol with a magazine. It wasn't shipped to them with one. I would like to think that was intentional and a nice gesture.

A bit of a bad luck while dad was testing the returned pistol. He had a round blow out at the base of the case. This was some older reman practice ammo. I don't know the name of the manufacture. It was bad enough that it actually blew the extractor out of the pistol. It also broke a piece of the frame (grip?) right next to the window for the serial number. He was able to find the extractor and get it reinstalled. He did a thorough inspection, deemed no serious damage was done, and ran another 50 rounds through the pistol without incident. A different brand of ammo obviously.

So it appears this pistol had a barrel issue and it has been fixed by Sig.