Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK SP5K

My knees are weak.

Site Supporter
    I am in the market for a 9mm compact shoulder fired weapon. Well, just cause. I really like the mp5 and was seriously considering a Sig MPX, but had convinced myself that a AR offering utilizing Glock mags was the way to go as I'm heavily invested in parts, mags, and training in both the Glock and AR platforms. Is there something other than its a factory HK mp5 clone that this brings to the table that would make it a better option than a 9mm AR?

Lookin at it again I am going to buy this and sbr it.

Anyone got more info as in when is it gana be here?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

HCM, here is my thinking. See the new HK and want it. Call Darryl and have him help me come up with some uses to justify it. Form 1 it and carry on. If I see a bear when I have the HK with me, I will show it to the bear, as I understand bears are HK fanboys, too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll be the dissenting, "meh". I didn't care for the MP-5 I was issued on SWAT and don't have a desire for a -k clone. Think I'd rather have the Sig MPX or a dedicated 9mm AR SBR, something like this:

(I know nothing about the company, just like the concept)

https://angstadtarms.com/udp-9/
    Last edited by Lon; 03-05-2016 at 08:35 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I'll be the dissenting, "meh". I didn't care for the MP-5 I was issued on SWAT and don't have a desire for a -k clone. Think I'd rather have the Sig MPX or a dedicated 9mm AR SBR.
    Blasphemy!

Repent now and save yourself!!

Seriously though I have never owned an HK but have always wanted a suppressed K, this gives me a reason....
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've carried K's all over the world, even under jackets. I currently have a K in a briefcase, an SD3 and an 5/10. All will get shot tomorrow or Monday. I love shooting them, but don't have any interest in buying a semiauto version.

It was my understanding that these versions were released for the IWA market, not us. I have no inside information though I can rectify that if need be.
    Last edited by SLG; 03-05-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Blasphemy!

Repent now and save yourself!!

Seriously though I have never owned an HK but have always wanted a suppressed K, this gives me a reason....
    We had some SD models. They were quite as hell with 147gr ammo, I'll give them that. They did not like our 124+P GD and really didn't like our 127+p+ SXT when we had it. The other ones we had (A3 maybe?? - Safe/semi/full) ran with anything. Just didn't care for them. Now the County guys on the team had -5/40s. Those were/are the biggest pieces of shit on the planet. They were a POS when I ordered them for the team (used to work for the county) in 97 and just stayed pieces of shit. None of them worked right outta the box. HK ended up sending us a few replacement (redesigned) parts to get them to run at all.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I've carried K's all over the world, even under jackets. I currently have a K in a briefcase, an SD3 and an 5/10. All will get shot tomorrow or Monday. I love shooting them, but don't have any interest in buying a semiauto version.

It was my understanding that these versions were released for the IWA market, not us. I have no inside information though I can rectify that if need be.
    Thats interesting, as ive had the chances to run some autos in classes, not on the job, but would prefer a semi for personal duty.

Either way, i am a fan in a non-le context. For LE id much prefer shorty suppressed rifle caliber....not to derail, 220/240gr 300 is going to be the way to go.
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I'll be the dissenting, "meh". I didn't care for the MP-5 I was issued on SWAT and don't have a desire for a -k clone. Think I'd rather have the Sig MPX or a dedicated 9mm AR SBR, something like this:

(I know nothing about the company, just like the concept)

https://angstadtarms.com/udp-9/
    I was thinking the same but was looking at Quarter Circle 10 components.

User Tag List