Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: HK SP5K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you wanted to set up a SP5K with a brace instead of a form 1, to maintain travel flexibility, what bits and pieces would you add for a brace, red dot and rail, light mount and sling?
    Well, if it were me I would head over to hkparts and order a few things:

Brace - The SBT5K brace is the best brace option for the K guns, since a fixed brace really defeats the point of these guns. The B&T style lockup of that brace should be nice and solid, and it also has a rear sling swivel.

Optic/mount/rail - The rail that comes on the SP5K is actually quite good, though it is not particularly low profile. You won't get a co-witness with anything you mount on it. B&T makes a very low profile mount for the Aimpoint T1 family that is supposed to yield an absolute co-witness, and a slightly taller picatinny rail that should work well with the MRDS of your choice (I have been playing with the idea of a DP Pro on mine). Along the same lines, I would also pick up a real MP5 rear sight drum. I find it much easier to be precise using the MP5 peep sight than with the notch style that comes on the SP5K.

Handguard/accessories - While the stock SP5K handguard is good, it doesn't allow accessory mounting, nor does it work for suppressor use. I'd go with the Dakota Tactical modular handguard for the K in either M-lok or Keymod, your choice. If you plan on keeping the stock K barrel, it is important to remember how short it is, and how unforgiving it can be of getting your hand or finger too far forward. To that end, I would recommend getting a handstop for the front of the rail. As for lights, I can't give you first hand intel on it, but I would be looking hard at light/laser combos designed for pistol use. It is easy to wrap your thumb over to use any kind of paddle switch. I'd look hard at something like the Crimson Trace rail master pro green laser/light combo.
    TY83544

One other thing to note. If I am shooting the gun with irons, I can't wrap my thumb over the top of the gun like I prefer since the sights are low enough that I would just be looking at my thumb rather than the front sight. That is something to keep in mind when considering optic mounting hight, and one reason I am running an optic mounted on the standard rail that comes with the gun.
    TY83544

I will have one of these tomorrow. I have wanted an MP5 since I was 12. I cannot explain how awesome this is.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I will have one of these tomorrow. I have wanted an MP5 since I was 12. I cannot explain how awesome this is.
    Wait to you shoot it, and you will really be happy. Better bring flight gloves, at least for your support hand, as you will want to shoot it a lot, and this thing gets hot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Check! Thanks buddy!

Name:  IMG_5739.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5738.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  60.9 KB

I'm having a hard time imaging something more awesome than that. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    I'm having a hard time imaging something more awesome than that. Yikes.
    http://dakotatactical.com/d5410/

Dear God.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Name:  IMG_5739.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5738.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  60.9 KB
    G, what bag is that?

User Tag List