Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Enjoyable Revolver

Well, I sure had fun with these.

About an hour and 350 rounds later

I've probably had the most fun with my Heritage Rough Rider popping empty shotgun hulls until they were too far away for me to hit. But with .22 being the way it is I haven't take the rimfires out of the safe in a long while.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 03-21-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    My most "enjoyable" is a tie between my K22 and K32 (M16 32swl). Both shoot well and soft, but the K22 means I don't have to care about reloading my brass, while the K32 means easier cleaning after the session.

My K38 is a very close second to those two.

All three together. Top to bottom-K22, K32, K38. The K32 now has matching grips.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    As a follow up to the "Why Revolver?" thread where many of us professed a sheer enjoyment for the gun, what is your most enjoyable revolver? Which one has historically brought the biggest smile to your face for the longest amount of time?
    That's easy, it's a 6" Smith model 14, the K38.

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

Most enjoyable for me all by my lonesome - Cimarron Arms (Uberti) 1851 Colt Navy (London Edition) clone. I enjoy it and with Pyrodex it isn't too hard to keep clean. I need to order some materials and take it to the range again.

Most enjoyable for me to irritate other shooters at the range with? The Smith 642. I never get tired of hitting 25-yard bulls with it, to shut up the range know-it-alls that want to tell me that my J-Frame will get me kilt in the street. Interestingly enough, I never see those guys at the gym the next day...

-Rob

For single action, my favorite (even though I am a .44 guy at heart) is this .45 convertible, due to the fact it will see 99% of it's life shooting .45 ACPs.

The favorite goes to the ever practical "all around", the 5" N Frame Model 29 .44 Magnum:

In fact, I would go so far as to say, If I was forced to choose just one revolver for all my outdoors activities, this would be it.

It is funny how, excluding rimfires, and J frame duties, the above 2 revolvers really do all a guy needs or wants to do. At least for me, and where I live and play.

As a fellow Idahoan, who lives on the west side on the Clearwater, I have to agree with that statement, about the 29! Idaho one of the last great places to live.

Last edited by Zeke38; 03-22-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Based on my round count since I bought it last summer: S&W 17-3

I'd say that I've put a thousand rounds through it, but I'd be low.

For centerfire, it's bigger brother, a 19-4, which I bought new back in the day:

First time I'd ever shot bowling pins, I cleaned the table in under nine seconds with the Model 19. (I've done a lot worse, but I got hooked on that run.) In the club PPC matches, I've done rather well with it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Apostrophe issues. AAARRRGGHHH!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    About an hour and 350 rounds later

Oh yeah. That right there takes me back to my 629MG with Rem Express 240gr flat points. The only semi-desirable, pre-lock, pre-mim revolver I ENJOYED selling.

Name:  IMG_0818.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  29.9 KBName:  IMG_0802 (1).jpg
Views: 544
Size:  41.6 KB
    I like both of these S&Ws, a 627Pro and a 640Pro. I carry the 640Pro daily as an off-duty backup. As one can see, I got the same finger!

User Tag List