Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using A Revolver In IDPA

Years ago I carried a K frame revolver on duty and won a goodly number of police matches in the South GA area with them. Today I still have a S&W model 19 Combat Magnum and often shoot it in local club matches here in FL. In addition I alo carry it off duty for variety. I shoot it well and am very comfortable with it. I would feel completely happy with one for duty use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bug, hope you get better soon. I hate to break it to you but the classifier kicked off at just after 1PM, and the match just a few minutes after. I was on the DMG squad and we finished at about 1645. I think the DMG portion has finally smoothed out, then again it's the same folks every month.

Wheeler
    Glad to hear that it ran smoothly. I've never been to a match there that started on time. Last time I went they were well over an hour late getting started, and less than half of the folks finished the match.

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    Glad to hear that it ran smoothly. I've never been to a match there that started on time. Last time I went they were well over an hour late getting started, and less than half of the folks finished the match.
    The be perfectly honest, the MD wants to keep the matches at what he considers a managable level. I'm not going to criticize, because he has stepped up and runs the matches every month without fail. I think it would be great to see more ranges include IDPA, especially with the amount of indoor ranges that have opened up in the past couple of years.

I'm going to let this lie, as we've (more so I) have hijacked the thread. Cherokee will be running the classifier again next month, I hope to see you and your 586 there.

Wheeler
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I shoot SSR in IDPA about 70% of the time. It is definitely different.

The one match I shoot regularly uses a lot of pneumatic targets and you have to keep reminding yourself that you are only competing with other revolver shooters as you watch the mover cycle for the third time while you reload.

I did shoot the Cherokee match and it was one of the quickest ever. I think chance of rain and massive crowd the month before scared folks off.

Not IDPA......at least I don't think it is, but I plan on shooting a 627 revolver for local matches. At least, as often as I can get there to do it. It is relatively new at that venue, so we shall see how it plays out.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I've been encouraged by the growing number of revolver shooters at matches. There seems to be more and more folks at my local IDPA match showing up with some sort of revolver and the Bowling Pin match that I shoot at has a fair number (about 1/5 the overall shooters) that show up as well.

Wheeler
    Julius Caesar

yes!! Revolvers are fun to shoot, and takes more finesse and skill.
    [ http://gunbot.org | http://youtube.com/gunrobot ]

What is everyone using for speed loaders pouches?

I use something similar to this;

http://www.copquest.com/23-4329.htm

If you decide to go with one of the open top spring steel type speedloader holders, IDPA requires it have a center post to secure the speedloader.

Wheeler
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown44 View Post
    What is everyone using for speed loaders pouches?
    Ready Tactical

Available at: http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

I use their holsters too.

User Tag List