Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why aren't Serpa and cheap knock offs of Serpas banned by USPSA?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Your example does not support your assertion.
    Well, yeah, that's...like...your opinion man.
    Last edited by Wendell; 03-13-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Well, yeah, like, that's your opinion, man.
    It is, but it is also true. You are comparing junk IWB holsters, used by poorly trained people, to quality aiwb holsters, used by some spectrum of people, presumably.

Also, the twigs and berries are not the big concern to most people I talk to. It is the femoral.

Most strong side, self inflicted wounds seem to be of the lower leg, or at most, the upper leg. I'm unaware of any that traversed the body. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I've heard of tons of leg injuries, and seen a few strong side ND's, both with and without injury. I've yet to hear of anything worse.

Stupid people are unsafe with anything. Well trained people are pretty safe with anything. The problem is, well trained people sometimes act like stupid people too.

Quote Originally Posted by rwa View Post
    I tried a Serpa shortly after they were introduced. I disabled the lock by filing the plastic tab/retention device down. I eventually put the holster where it belonged, in the trash bin.
    I shitcanned mine about 30 minutes after I got issued it in Afghanistan.

Site Supporter
    For the USPSA matches I run at the NRA HQ Range, I'm using USPSA rule 5.2.6 to ban any holster that requires the shooter's trigger finger to deactivate a retention mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    For the USPSA matches I run at the NRA HQ Range, I'm using USPSA rule 5.2.6 to ban any holster that requires the shooter's trigger finger to deactivate a retention mechanism.
    a) Nice!

2) Have you gotten a lot of negative reactions from people who show up with those holsters? I can't imagine they're pleased to get turned away.

User Tag List