Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trijicon AccuPower vs. Trijicon AccuPoint

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    One more push guys, red or green segmented circle on the RS24 and why? I've only used red for a color on a RDS and have been pleased but I thought that I read somewhere that the human eye picks up green better. Is the battery life on both units the same? I know a green laser eats up more power than a read one, just diode design at this point. Just asking the question here on the LPV, since I don't know, what I don't know.
    I have no idea on battery life, but I can tell you that which one is better will boil down to preference and how your eyes physically work. Some people pick up green better than red. Others (like myself) find that they can pick up red better than green. Personally I would go with red as I find that I can pick that color up faster across a broader range of backgrounds and lighting conditions.

Also, keep in mind that an illuminated etched reticle will not stand out nearly as brightly as a red dot at equal power levels. The illumination of that reticle might wash out in brighter light, but you'll still have a very fine blacked out reticle to work with. Should you encounter something that is darker while out in brighter conditions, that illumination will take over and stand out for you.

Pretty much this^^^^^. I went red because, while not as bright as green, it doesn't wash out as easily as green either.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Thanks guys good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Red dots aren't really faster compared to magnified optics. Just sayin...

My subjective experience is that my red dots (which I position far forward) are very fast on target compared to a magnified optic which is just a hair slower, but still also very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    My subjective experience is that my red dots (which I position far forward) are very fast on target compared to a magnified optic which is just a hair slower, but still also very fast.
    Too many variables, shooter skill being the biggest. One person cannot state "LPV's are just as fast as RDS" like it applies to everyone across the board, all the time.

The guys in that video only proved that shooting stagnant, offhand at XX yards on a target that's not moving is just as fast for them using those two particular optics in those particular conditions. Nothing more.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-21-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Too many variables, shooter skill being the biggest. One person cannot state "LPV's are just as fast as RDS" like it applies to everyone across the board, all the time.

The guys in that video only proved that shooting stagnant, offhand at XX yards on a target that's not moving is just as fast for them using those two particular optics in those particular conditions. Nothing more.
    Agreed...hence why I started with, "My subjective experience is..."

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Agreed...hence why I started with, "My subjective experience is..."
    Josh, I meant to start that post with "Agreed..." as well. We're on the same page here.

In the video, they say they're at 7 yards, which seems a little ridiculous. Hitting a full-sized unobstructed target at 7 yards with a rifle, I'm not sure how much the sights make any difference at all. You could probably go just as fast with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    In the video, they say they're at 7 yards, which seems a little ridiculous. Hitting a full-sized unobstructed target at 7 yards with a rifle, I'm not sure how much the sights make any difference at all. You could probably go just as fast with your eyes closed.
    That does strike me as not a good test. I think this video is probably a better reference for RDS vs. LPV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YnaP8c-bSQ

User Tag List