Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CC Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Unless you like your clothes really tight, your everyday clothing should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Unless you like to dress latex tight most things will work for CCW.
    Quote Originally Posted by l8apex View Post
    That is unless you wear tight fitting clothes.
    This is disconcerting.

I may need to invest in a new wardrobe.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag
    This is disconcerting.

I may need to invest in a new wardrobe.
    Repeat after me: "Spandex is a privilege, not a right!"

Unfortunately, I've had to 'up-size' my wardrobe over the last couple years due to, shall we say, 'equatorial expansion'. I'm working on it, but still have a ways to go.
    Mike

If you want to try any of the Eotac clothing you can get a lot of it for about 50% off here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/s...s=eotac&eMode=

I bought one of the 1/2 zip pullovers and really like it. Sweatshirt type pullover for lounging around on cold days but beware their sizes run very large! I'm 6'3" 225lbs and a large is pretty frickin' big on me so order at least 1 size down if you decide to order.

Wear what your going to wear.

I wouldn't suggest wearing "special" clothing. The purpose of CC is to have what you need when you need it. I find a lot of ppl will change what they wear to train but thats not what they wear when they carry. My advice is wear what you got, and build your carry platform and carry weapon around that. Thats just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by PCraunP220 View Post
    I wouldn't suggest wearing "special" clothing. The purpose of CC is to have what you need when you need it. I find a lot of ppl will change what they wear to train but thats not what they wear when they carry. My advice is wear what you got, and build your carry platform and carry weapon around that. Thats just my two cents.
    ^ This.

I started using Duluth Trading Company clothing (especially their Firehose stuff, Polo's and workshirts) while working protective details. Most of my co-workers were 5.11 poster children and stood out like sore thumbs as "the bodyguards", so I tried a different look. I now live in the stuff and have no use for "tactical clothing".

I heard what I wear described elsewhere as "hippiflage" or REI casual - I just blend in and don't look like anything more than a dude with a couple kids in tow. How that works in San Antonio is short sleeve button up the front shirts or polos, t-shirts, etc - nothing "gunny" though. Cargo shorts, jeans or khakis depending on work or play and the season. If it's cooler, I might wear a rugby shirt or long-sleeve t-shirt. Belts are either wilderness or beltman. Shoes are normally some sort of merrell or other casual shoe.

I find patterned shirts hide the outline of a gun better than solid, and dark is better than light. Light with some pattern works though!

Brands tend to be whatever fits me the best - right now I like Mountain Khaki pants.

One thing I've noticed is that nearly everyone here carries a knife clipped onto their pocket, so that blends right in. I do stand out if I head back east for a vacation or something.

I've been paying attention to these kinds of threads to see what works for most since I lost some weight and need new pants.

bob

Dockers & http://www.geoffreybeene.com/

Seriously. Yuppie-Cammo. They will NEVER think their is a handgun within 2 miles of you.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I started using Duluth Trading Company clothing (especially their Firehose stuff, Polo's and workshirts) while working protective details. Most of my co-workers were 5.11 poster children and stood out like sore thumbs as "the bodyguards", so I tried a different look. I now live in the stuff and have no use for "tactical clothing".
    I've ordered a pair of their "ballroom" jeans to check out. I looked at the shirts, but the 'bellows' looked clunky to me - how have you found them to be, in use?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mnealtx View Post
    I've ordered a pair of their "ballroom" jeans to check out. I looked at the shirts, but the 'bellows' looked clunky to me - how have you found them to be, in use?
    I kind of like the tent look as it hides both my Nuclear Reactor of Stored Energy and my pistol and support gear without issue. They also stock a lot of "Tall" stuff. I have a very long torso, so this is a huge deal for me. I also just moved from SoCal to Texas, and have another house in Arizona, so the bellows are great to stay a little cooler.

User Tag List