Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CC Clothing

Wow... thanks for the info. Had no idea. Sorry for the derail.

Here is a link to an earlier thread about clothing that forum member wear daily.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...C-meets-EDW...
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

Jeans or cargo shirts generally one size bigger on the waist than normal to make IWB more comfy. Slacks on the rare occasion are the same, just use a leather belt instead of the Wilderness Instructors. Up top; 95% of the time I wear square bottomed button down shirts with the last button unbuttoned. The other 5% it's a tshirt or loose fitting polo.

I have used the 511 covert shirts and do like the snaps under the buttons for easier access, but I wouldn't go out of the way to get some. The $10 Chinamart shirts work as well and I won't feel bad when my grip tape tears the inside up after a few months.

IMO the only CCW specific things you will need are a good holster, mag carrier and belt. Unless you like to dress latex tight most things will work for CCW. You will be surprised what a good holster and belt combo can hide.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    the only CCW specific things you will need are a good holster, mag carrier and belt. Unless you like to dress latex tight most things will work for CCW. You will be surprised what a good holster and belt combo can hide.
    I couldn't agree more!
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

About the only place where 511, or EOTac, or the other advertised stuff really benefits is if you have to carry more than a gun and a couple of spare mags. The cut, as well as the QD features on the front and sides of the shirts make concealing and accessing things like radios, low vis armor, PDW, etc. much easier than the standard Polo or Golf shirt. Not exactly a requirement for most CCW situations.

Most of the pants from 511, EOTac, and others are not all that comfortable when compared to properly sized jeans, dockers, slacks, whatever. Good for range clothes, or activities where you don't want to ruin your normal person clothes, but that is about it for most people. They tend to add room where room didn't really need to be added. Reinforced seams where they didn't really need it. Added pockets and hiding spots that are un-necessary and nearly useless. And made the material thicker and bulkier than normal street clothes. About the only thing that makes them ok is that if you get stuck wearing them day in and day out for a number of days without a shower or laundry, you don't feel bad about throwing them in the garbage............because no one actually wears this stuff in the normal world on a regular basis. Do they?
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I've personally noticed that the better the holster, the more normal clothing one can wear. Or in other words, spend the money on a good quality holster and you will find that even normal fitting t-shirts will conceal - meaning what you already have. That is unless you wear tight fitting clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by l8apex View Post
    I've personally noticed that the better the holster, the more normal clothing one can wear. Or in other words, spend the money on a good quality holster and you will find that even normal fitting t-shirts will conceal - meaning what you already have. That is unless you wear tight fitting clothes.
    THIS...and a good BELT optimizes carry of the holstered pistol as a highly stable, easily concealed system.

I tend to buy off the shelf items and tweak them for CCW. My summer carry is sleeveless t-shirt and an open front button down shirt. I'll either add stainless washers to the corners or slide cable ties behind the buttons to make sure the shirt clears. With that said, I picked up some of the EOTAC shirts on closeout and was impressed with the design.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    About the only place where 511, or EOTac, or the other advertised stuff really benefits is if you have to carry more than a gun and a couple of spare mags. The cut, as well as the QD features on the front and sides of the shirts make concealing and accessing things like radios, low vis armor, PDW, etc. much easier than the standard Polo or Golf shirt. Not exactly a requirement for most CCW situations.

Most of the pants from 511, EOTac, and others are not all that comfortable when compared to properly sized jeans, dockers, slacks, whatever. Good for range clothes, or activities where you don't want to ruin your normal person clothes, but that is about it for most people. They tend to add room where room didn't really need to be added. Reinforced seams where they didn't really need it. Added pockets and hiding spots that are un-necessary and nearly useless. And made the material thicker and bulkier than normal street clothes. About the only thing that makes them ok is that if you get stuck wearing them day in and day out for a number of days without a shower or laundry, you don't feel bad about throwing them in the garbage............because no one actually wears this stuff in the normal world on a regular basis. Do they?
    I wear them at work for these reasons (Power Plant). Jeans don't seem to have enough pockets anymore, why do I carry all of this shit around with me again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    why do I carry all of this shit around with me again?
    Heard that.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List