Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CC Clothing

CC Clothing

Hello folks,
    I'm new to the forum but I think this is the right location for this question. I've done some searches on the forum too but didn't find anything on this topic, but forgive me if this is a repeat thread.

I should be getting my CC permit here in a few weeks and myself and a buddy of mine who went through the class were wondering about the clothing that's specifically designed for CC. There seem to be some shirts and pants out there that look normal but are geared for CC. Has anyone tried any of that, and if so, did it seem any better than normal street clothes?

Thanks,
    JustDave

We are diminished
    FWIW, I find most of that stuff gimmicky. I wear plain ole jeans and plain ole polos.

Unless you like your clothes really tight, your everyday clothing should be fine.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I'm a relative noob with similar questions, and I've been sampling various CC-specific clothes. I haven't gotten a lot of value out of the stuff I've tried. Like JConn said, most normal clothes should work - if you have a good belt and holster. I do find that I can tear the bottom button of a button-down shirt during dry practice. I have a few pearl-snap shirts that just pop open when I yank them up and that seems like a nice feature. But the purpose-designed shirts with the magnetic bottom button are a PITA - they're great during dry practice but they stick to everything metal (including my fly and belt buckle) during daily wear. Like Todd said: gimmicky...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    I do find that I can tear the bottom button of a button-down shirt during dry practice.
    I leave the bottom one unbuttoned.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Not that it matters now that they are out of business, but EOTAC made some great shirts with velcro tear away points at the bottom button and on the seams left and right, to aide in clearing the garment. I bought 12 in four different colors when they were still in business. Nice shirts, but clearing the gun is still an exaggerated movement so as to not get a handful of cloth over the gun.

They are a bit gimmicky, but it actually works as intended. Price wasn't that much more than the normal button up shirts I was buying prior, so I'd say I didn't really "pay" any more for the gimmick, so it was a wash for me.

Either way, whatever you are wearing, practice with what you wear and be absolutely sure you can clear it quickly, every time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    they are out of business, but EOTAC
    Which shouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Which shouldn't be surprising.
    Epic burn
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Epic burn
    Didn't know it was a contest. Sorry.

Is there more to the story regarding EOTAC or is it just a general distaste for their product? Genuinely curious.

Did they have some scandalous business practices or something? If so, I'd never heard about it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Did they have some scandalous business practices or something? If so, I'd never heard about it.

Swindler gets probation, must repay $328,000
    http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/poughkee...y+%24328%2C000

User Tag List