Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New JM Custom Kydex AIWB Holster

The Jay Wing is a great name.

Do you know what thickness kydex was used on the holster body itself?

I'm guessing 0.093, if he's that confident in the integrity of the wing mounting point. Keep an eye on that area for stress marks. You don't want it breaking unexpectedly. Though I'm sure if it starts to develop any issues Tony will square it away for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Certainly conceals well. Add in your comfort and I'd say it's a resounding success. Looks good. Bravo Zulu Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    The Jay Wing is a great name.

Do you know what thickness kydex was used on the holster body itself?

I'm guessing 0.093, if he's that confident in the integrity of the wing mounting point. Keep an eye on that area for stress marks. You don't want it breaking unexpectedly. Though I'm sure if it starts to develop any issues Tony will square it away for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes he used the 0.093" and that was actually the reason I had Tony create it. His customer service is next to none so I'm confident he will take care of anything that comes up materials wise. But I doubt I will have any problems.

This looks like the exact holster I have spent I don't have a clue how much money trying to find.

Does the "front" and "back" of the holster being connected at the wing make retention adjustments difficult?

I too am working with a wing type holster from a different maker and it is so-so to me. I'd be interested in trying this holster from Tony as I gather it is leaps and bounds better than the one I have.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Does the "front" and "back" of the holster being connected at the wing make retention adjustments difficult?

I too am working with a wing type holster from a different maker and it is so-so to me. I'd be interested in trying this holster from Tony as I gather it is leaps and bounds better than the one I have.
    Retention adjust very simply. Just a turn of the screw.

Hey guys, we are busy as hell moving into a bigger shop and keeping up with orders, but email me order questions and I can answer them as I get them. Yes, it's .093 kydex, the claw/wing/ whatever I am gonna call it is made from1/4" thick (i think its .250 thick kydex) and it has rubber spacers between it and the holster to absorb the shock and stress,.

Jay, thanks for the right up.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I have been carrying the old (fantastic) design almost every day for the last couple years, and was just about to pull the trigger on a new one with foam wedge, without extra tuck. Glad I saw this!

The person who made my AIWB for my G17 incorporates a Kydex wedge. It really makes my G17 disappear. I am not a small guy 5'6"@250# He is on Hiatus . Eventually I'd like one for my G19, I'll certainly keep the GEORGE in mind

Last edited by Kennydale; 03-02-2016 at 06:42 PM.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

And things like this are why I stay broke. Every "winged" holster I had seen ran a single clip or loop and I am finding that I don't like the way that let's the pistol shift around. The inconsistencies in draw drive me crazy. If/when that becomes generally available, I may have to order one. Have a George on the way...but I do have another pistol.

User Tag List