Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: New JM Custom Kydex AIWB Holster

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I make holsters. I occasionally sell holsters. I've been through all the different types of clips of recent production.

IME: These are the best POLYMER easy on/off clips due to having a very pronounced tooth that fits over the belt that is designed to rest at a plane just below where the belt is against the clip body. These fail the least of any POLYMER clips I have roughed up. I give the POLYMER caveat because the ginormous spring clip that Tom at DSG has used forever, and a few of us have been using for a good while, fails the least of any non-closing attachment point.

Basically if you want easy on/of, the hierarchy of security goes:

Best- PTD Soft Loops

Betterer- Big Spring Clip

Better- RCS Overhooks

Good- Quick-Clip/FOMI-style

Hope that is helpful!

Thank you for the information, that is very helpful.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Hey Tony, are all of the new wing holsters now using the wing design that is shown in post 112 vs. Jay23 post 76? What's the rationale for changing and does it matter in term of tuck? It looks like the wing in post 76 is further away from the clip allowing it to tuck more? Thank you!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just spitballing, but is there a way to make the Universal concept thinner by offsetting one or two metal clips in this manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Hey Tony, are all of the new wing holsters now using the wing design that is shown in post 112 vs. Jay23 post 76? What's the rationale for changing and does it matter in term of tuck? It looks like the wing in post 76 is further away from the clip allowing it to tuck more? Thank you!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Cool Breeze, no, the Wing Claw will remain the same. The newer design (Wing Claw 2.0 is going to be the name and hopefully up on our new website by the end of next week) came about because we had many requests for that type of design. The big difference between the 2 is the amount of material under the dust cover. The Wing Claw is very similar to our George and AIWB wedge style holsters under the dust cover, and has less belt line bulge than the George and tucks like the normal AIWB. The Wing Claw 2.0 will have more material under the dust cover because it is carrying the claw and a J hook. It will be the least amount of belt line printing, but the trade off is more material under the dust cover (uncomfortable for some body types) and is a bit wider than the Wing Claw. The 2.0 is also going to be J hooks only at this time, although soft loop with soft loop struts are workable if you like soft loops. We are all about options so trying to accommodate all types of appendix carry needs means different styles of holsters, which isn't a bad thing, IMO anyway.

The Jay23 holster is a one off, kind of a blend of the 2 different Wing Claw styles.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Just spitballing, but is there a way to make the Universal concept thinner by offsetting one or two metal clips in this manner?
    CR78, offsetting one of the metal clips, moving to ride over the trigger guard, would be pretty easy to do, but now you have more material under the dust cover FYI. Always a trade off somewhere.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraisedlv View Post
    I would say it's a great start and I will recommend it to anyone looking to aiwb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Tony was nice enough to swap my order to the new AIWB 2.0 design for my lefty P30SK.

I can't say enough about how much I value ordering a JM CK holster.

This will be my fourth holster from him. I've peppered Tony with so many emails, he's probably going to put me in his spam folder.

No seriously, his responsiveness to customers is outstanding. It is really useful to have a holster maker with so much experience on tap.

So figured I would update now that I've had just over a week of wear on the new wing claw 2.0 and I am just am impressed as I was when I first put it on. It conceals very well for me. I have noticed though that when I am wearing my acker b21 that I have to wear it a notch looser than I normally would as that claw digs into me pretty good. With my Volund g-hook it's business and normal. Still super impressed with this holster.

Glad to hear you like it. I switched an order I had for the original wing claw to the 2.0 after seeing the pics of how thin it is compared to the standard. Just curious, how are the belt hooks as far as stability and retention?

Eta: I saw that you have already answered this, but just wondering if your thoughts on them changed during the last week
    Last edited by Paltares8; 11-05-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Glad to hear you like it. I switched an order I had for the original wing claw to the 2.0 after seeing the pics of how thin it is compared to the standard. Just curious, how are the belt hooks as far as stability and retention?

Eta: I saw that you have already answered this, but just wondering if your thoughts on them changed during the last week
    I haven't changed the hooks yet as I have the struts shipping with another order that's still a few weeks out. The hooks have not popped off my belt a single time even after running around playing monster and other random activities with my 3 year old. I really like the easy on / off and will probably start with just changing the slide side hook to a ptd soft loop and keep the wing side a hook and see how that works out for me as that wing side hook does not print even a little bit. And honestly the slide side one doesn't really print unless I'm in a teeshirt, which this is the first holster in any cary method that I could get away with wearing a teeshirt.

Site Supporter
    hey Tony, how far does "the claw" extend on the 2.0 version vs the original version? I ended up taking the claw off my original version for the SW Shield because it was a problem with certain pants, and that actually works surprisingly well for me. Wondering how the "Wing Claw 2.0" would be for me with an RMR Glock, vs the original Wing Claw.

User Tag List