Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New JM Custom Kydex AIWB Holster

New JM Custom Kydex AIWB Holster

I’ve been using the original version of the JMCK AIWB holster for about a year now. That holster is in my opinion the best AIWB holster on the market however I always felt the only drawback to it was the bulge it causes at the belt line. I know the “George” is supposed to address that issue but without the wedge I feared the grip of my G19 would print. After trying a different holster with a wing design I was left very unimpressed. This was due to the fact that holster was not a dedicated AIWB holster, it came down to the old jack of all trades, master of none adage.

Not wanting to settle I contacted Tony at JMCK. We spoke for a bit and he told me he had been kicking around a holster design that he thought would be a perfect fit. Being familiar with the quality of his work and his customer service I gave him the go ahead. About 9 weeks later I got this gem in the mail.
    Name:  Front 1.jpg
Views: 2936
Size:  91.7 KB

The holster is thinner than his original AIWB holster because there is no wedge. The wing tucks the grip in my opinion better than the original and the wider profile adds stability. At first I was concerned about the wing breaking however Tony assured me that the thickness of the material he uses and his design would mitigate that from happening. The holster is adjustable for ride height so you can definitely get a master grip during your draw without scraping your knuckles across the top of your belt and it came with a foam wedge which helps tilt the pistol up into your body. All that combined with the wing and this holster makes my G19 completely disappear under everything from a Polo shirt to a t-shirt.

I’ve been wearing the holster all day, every day since I received it. This included a 4 hour drive and several days running around after the kids. I feel like this holster is just as comfortable as the original AIWB and conceals better, combined with Tony’s outstanding AIWB SPMP I can carry a Glock 19 and 31 rounds comfortably and very discreetly. I haven’t had the opportunity to get out to the range with it but from my dry fire exercises it feels just as fast as the original AIWB holster.

Tony hit it out of the park with this one!

Name:  Back.jpg
Views: 2422
Size:  94.6 KBName:  Front 2.jpg
Views: 2444
Size:  75.9 KBName:  Cal 1.jpg
Views: 2370
Size:  69.1 KBName:  Cal 2.jpg
Views: 2404
Size:  68.4 KBName:  Polo.jpg
Views: 2346
Size:  25.0 KBName:  Carry.jpg
Views: 2521
Size:  49.5 KBName:  Tshirt.jpg
Views: 2374
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-02-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Nice I have been thinking about asking Tony about something like this.

Looks like another order shall have to be placed!

Dude that is awesome. I have a 5shot on loan from a very generous member and it conceals so much better for me than my JM. I think this is what I need!!! Is he gonna sell more of them?
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Dude that is awesome. I have a 5shot on loan from a very generous member and it conceals so much better for me than my JM. I think this is what I need!!! Is he gonna sell more of them?
    Yes just call him up and ask for the wing he made for Jay.

Do you attach a foam wedge where the velcro is? Looks good and I'm glad to see this as an option from him. The butt of the weapon has always been my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NCmtnman View Post
    Do you attach a foam wedge where the velcro is? Looks good and I'm glad to see this as an option from him. The butt of the weapon has always been my issue.
    Yes the foam goes right over where the Velcro is on the holster.

Very interesting , I have yet been able to find a AIWB holster that I can conceal a glock with .

An interesting design. I hope he decides to offer this holster for order.

Perhaps it would be called "the Jay"?

Site Supporter
    I am in when this becomes available. Been using 5 different AIWB holsters with nothing being quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    An interesting design. I hope he decides to offer this holster for order.

Perhaps it would be called "the Jay"?
    I already threw "the Jay Wing" out there for Tony to consider.

User Tag List