Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Midlength

CCU upper

My buddy picked up a ccu upper and put it on a bcm complete lower. He's put 1,000 rounds of imi green tip through it in about a month. I will say that I am jealous. He's had zero issues other than the centurion rail get's hot fast.

I can shoot his setup more accurately than my 14.5 inch bcm that has a heavier barrel profile.

Today is a good day to get your upper if you haven’t ordered yet. $459.99 shipped from Brownells with code NEE

Looking forward to getting mine. Don’t forget to use the Brownells link at the top of this page to help support P-F

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Today is a good day to get your upper if you haven’t ordered yet. $459.99 shipped from Brownells with code NEE

Looking forward to getting mine. Don’t forget to use the Brownells link at the top of this page to help support P-F
    That was enough to put me over the edge. I've been eyeing a CCU for a while as a backup to my Sionics gun that is configured very similarly...but I also have a couple of 6920's sitting in the safe that have never been fired. I figure this is as good a way as any to assemble a 6960.
    3/15/2016

Me too. The Big Brown Truck is on it’s way...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Or just click this link: COLT - AR-15 LE6960-CCU UPPER RECEIVER 5.56 M-LOK $459.99 shipped with code NEE

Attachment 31131
    @Aray @hwalker84 @jbrimlow @SamueL @William B.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That was enough to put me over the edge. I've been eyeing a CCU for a while as a backup to my Sionics gun that is configured very similarly...but I also have a couple of 6920's sitting in the safe that have never been fired. I figure this is as good a way as any to assemble a 6960.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Me too. The Big Brown Truck is on it’s way...
    Is there a specific Bolt Carrier Group you guys plan to use? I’ll need to buy a BCG and wonder if there is any advantage in buying a Colt BCG since the upper is Colt. Or, are any of the good BCGs (BCM, etc) going to function about the same in a Colt upper?
    Last edited by KG; 10-08-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Personally I'm going to take the BCG out of my unfired 6920 and put it in the CCU upper.

If you need to purchase a BCG there are good options on the market. BCM has a BCG on Brownells that seems to have all the important features of the Colt BCG including an MPI inspected and shot-peened bolt.

If you want to get fancy, you can look at one of the enhanced bolts from JP Enterprises or LMT.

Since this is a new upper, any good quality bolt and carrier from a manufacturer that makes those things properly should be fine from a general utility standpoint.

I'm buying a Geisle charging handle for it because I've got one on my Sionics gun and I quite like it.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 10-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    3/15/2016

I'm stripping my AR6720 of stuff to fill out the CCU upper.

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post

Thanks for the heads up, sent the link to a buddy for his sons first AR. His son is going to build the lower with me so it should stay with him for a long time and kill a lot of pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Or just click this link: COLT - AR-15 LE6960-CCU UPPER RECEIVER 5.56 M-LOK $459.99 shipped with code NEE

Attachment 31131
    Looks like I picked a bad month to be broke.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List