Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Midlength

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I'd like to see a standard carbine version, less rail, and an upper only make their appearance. We will see.
    Any chance for an SBR version that is free-floated with the CMR? Maybe 11" CMR and 12" bbl, or 10" CMR and 11.5" bbl? Pretty please? The world needs a free-floated 6933 without the FSB.

I'd like to see a standard carbine version, less rail, and an upper only make their appearance. We will see.
    Wouldn't the 6920 OEM2 be a carbine version of this, less rail? Or did I misunderstand you and you were talking about a shorter rail length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Wouldn't the 6920 OEM2 be a carbine version of this, less rail? Or did I misunderstand you and you were talking about a shorter rail length?

6920 OEM2 still has the 6920 barrel profile; this is described as a 'lightweight' barrel - I imagine more akin to the 6720 profile.

I think an 6720 OEM2 would rock.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-18-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post

This new gun has a different gas system (a mid length), which is different than the carbine gas system on the 6920, et. al.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    6920 OEM2 still has the 6920 barrel profile; this is described as a 'lightweight' barrel - I imagine more akin to the 6720 profile.

I think an 6720 OEM2 would rock.
    I totally forgot that this rifle had a lightweight barrel profile. You're right, a carbine version of this gun would be more analogous to a 6720 OEM2.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

This new gun has a different gas system (a mid length), which is different than the carbine gas system on the 6920, et. al.
    I mistakenly thought that this rifle had a standard profile barrel so I thought the only difference between the 6920 and this gun was the gas system length. A carbine OEM version of this gun would definitely be a popular product for anyone not sold on mid-lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    Looks like it's broke cover: http://www.taloinc.com/colt-firearms...bat-unit-rifle.

No pricing info I can see.
    Take my money.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like it's broke cover: http://www.taloinc.com/colt-firearms...bat-unit-rifle.

MSRP is $1299 per the Talo slick sheet. The slick sheet also calls out a Magpul rail, not the Centurion rail discussed above.
    Last edited by farscott; 10-19-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    So Wayne, or anyone else in the know, I heard these are using proprietary 12" gas tubes instead of standard 11 3/4" gas tubes.

Is this correct?

If so what other proprietary parts are used in these guns?

CCU carbine going for $1208.78 and $32.61 UPS Ground shipping.

It is listed as having a MagPul SL handguard but the pic still shows the Centurion.

User Tag List