Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 5.45 got a makeover

My 5.45 got a makeover

Thanks to a good friend on here whom snagged a “blem” Geissele Mk16 rail for me during the July 4th sale. It was the easiest rail install I’ve ever done and honestly an impressive rail. Before and after.

Name:  9B30A3AD-F657-46B8-B099-AC6DA1B49E5C.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  57.2 KB

Name:  D7DF735E-B5F6-47AA-A798-31A221CDA56C.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  59.3 KB
    #RESIST

Breathing new life into a great blaster. Is that the same rifle that you took to Blackwater when we took the Kyle Defoor class?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Breathing new life into a great blaster. Is that the same rifle that you took to Blackwater when we took the Kyle Defoor class?
    Yup, on its third barrel and still on its original bolt.
    #RESIST

Looks great!

Got a coupla PMs asking, it’s a Geissele MK14. I love it. It’s really nice that it comes with a wrench that works with the stock barrel nut and the Geissele one.
    #RESIST

How many rounds of 7n6 would a barrel last, have you started shooting commercial stuff?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Got a coupla PMs asking, it’s a Geissele MK14. I love it. It’s really nice that it comes with a wrench that works with the stock barrel nut and the Geissele one.
    Maybe they packaged it incorrectly or something, because that's a Geissele Mk16 (I have one on my rifle). The Mk14 doesn't have MLOK slots at the 11, 2, 5, or 7 o'clock positions, while the Mk16 does. Also with a Mk14, a small portion of the barrel nut can be seen through the MLOK slots, so it could get dinged and affect removal or reinstalling of the handguard. That was addressed with the Mk16.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRTainly View Post
    Maybe they packaged it incorrectly or something, because that's a Geissele Mk16 (I have one on my rifle). The Mk14 doesn't have MLOK slots at the 11, 2, 5, or 7 o'clock positions, while the Mk16 does. Also with a Mk14, a small portion of the barrel nut can be seen through the MLOK slots, so it could get dinged and affect removal or reinstalling of the handguard. That was addressed with the Mk16.
    I think you’re right, I got the wrong instructions from Geissele.
    #RESIST

Take a look at this wear from the steel cases!

Name:  FC3BD505-2621-488B-ADC4-6DDE80ADBC7F.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  43.2 KB
    #RESIST

User Tag List