Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These sights look...busy

"Designed by special forces veterans"

At the bar? UAV operator SF veterans? What am I missing?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    "Designed by special forces veterinarians"
    Fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    "Designed by special forces veterans"

At the bar? UAV operator SF veterans? What am I missing?
    Eh, some really great dudes have come up with some pretty dumb stuff, -OR- stuff that is so highly specialized that most folks simply don't know what task it excels in.
    I find myself wondering what those sights look like from behind NODS.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Saw "themakogroup"

NOPE.
    This right here. The Israelis are light years ahead of us in derp technology.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Eh, some really great dudes have come up with some pretty dumb stuff, -OR- stuff that is so highly specialized that most folks simply don't know what task it excels in.
    I find myself wondering what those sights look like from behind NODS.

We've definitely had this conversation about these sights or very similar ones before. I can't find the thread. Everyone came in bashing them, then a few SMEs said they'd try them out, implicitly reminding everyone not to dogpile on something just because it breaks the status quo or seems "weird".

At least, that's how I recall it

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    then a few SMEs said they'd try them out
    So...did they?

Still looks real busy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So many quarters...
    Dude. You know the Nighthawk Hi-Power just released at SHOT? Yeah, at least that...

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    We've definitely had this conversation about these sights or very similar ones before. I can't find the thread. Everyone came in bashing them, then a few SMEs said they'd try them out, implicitly reminding everyone not to dogpile on something just because it breaks the status quo or seems "weird".

At least, that's how I recall it
    I think that thread was about the Viking Tactical M&P sights that had like 4 or 6 dots on the rear....similar, but it wasn't about these sights specifically

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So...did they?

Still looks real busy to me.
    I don't know. Probably not, I'd guess. Really wish I could find the thread and figure out whether or not I'm misremembering the exchange.

FWIW, they look super busy to me too, and definitely aren't something that interest me right now. But, I think it's good to be open minded with these things and not get too hooked on the Kool Aid of the week. Today's "modern" techniques and preferences may one day be as maligned as the Weaver stance is today. Sometimes, it's these wild shots in the dark, norm breaking oddities that push things forwards.

I seem to recall a similar thing happened with the VTAC sights. Maybe that's what I'm confusing this with (though I've definitely seen these sights on PF before). https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....st-sights-ever. I remember thinking they were ridiculous, never said anything about them though. After that thread, I did some serious reevaluation of how I approach these things, and reminded myself to take breaks to breathe whenever I'm drinking Kool Aid.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, and I don't think anyone individually has really said anything blindly critical or dismissive. Just responding to the atmosphere. In my experience, groups full of super smart dudes, like we have on PF, can have a tendency over time to develop an incestuous groupthink about certain things. It becomes very easy to dismiss and criticize outside stuff a priori, especially when the source is less smart or vetted. Certainly, vetted stuff > not-vetted stuff. But, with not-vetted stuff, I've grown to avoid passing judgement or assuming not-vetted = bad.
    Last edited by GRV; 03-02-2016 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I think that thread was about the Viking Tactical M&P sights that had like 4 or 6 dots on the rear....similar, but it wasn't about these sights specifically
    Yea...I'm really starting to think I'm confusing the VTAC thread with another thread where these "T" sights came up.

User Tag List