Thread: P30 spring

P30 spring

Changed out the TRS again after 15K. Wanted to cuss some more, so I detail stripped the P30V3. Very simple and straight forward IMO. I had the exploded diagram in front of me just in case I forgot what end was up. However, I did notice in the diagram Item #47 listed as Compression spring for recoil spring guide rod (234774). No, this is not the main recoil spring Both my wife's P30 and mine were purchased used and with 100% certainty did not contain this spring. Is this something they were both missing from the previous owner or did HK remove it at some point?
    Taking a break from social media.

Neither of the two 9mm P30s I have use this spring. Both have been utterly reliable. The HKparts website doesn't sell this part and it says "N/A" on their parts diagram. It looks to be in a super easy to loose location on the gun, my guess is they eliminated it from the design, or maybe it was something only for the .40S&W version. I'm definitely going to figure out what's the answer is.

Got a good answer on HK forums:
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...ng-spring.html

Also spoke to several knowledgeable HK handgun guys and they have never seen the spring.

User Tag List