Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Less painful Glock trigger

Less painful Glock trigger

Ok, maybe I'm just a pansy and just need to suck it up, but all this dry firing and range time that I've had with my G19 as of late is starting to rub my finger raw. I'm seriously thinking about moving to the smooth faced trigger (a la G17), but I was wondering if anyone has any experiences on if that would actually make a substantial difference or if I would be better off looking at something else? I'm not looking to lighten the trigger pull or take out take-up, creep, or over-travel, or artificially smooth things out or remove any OEM safeties. I'm looking for as OEM a solution as humanly possible. If I have to work through it and live through it, then that's fine, guess I'll just toughen up. I think my video gaming thumbs have had an easier time over a long weekend though vs. my trigger finger. Maybe a little sandpaper on the little safety dingus so it sits more flush with the rest of the trigger face?

I'd spend the $15 to $20 for the smooth faced OEM trigger bar. I find it more comfortable.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I find the Apex trigger to do away with pinching completely. I really enjoy mine.

You might be a pansy?

Lol, seriously though, your fingers get raw, they heal and then the wont get raw as fast. If its a really issue use workout tape.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    The serrated trigger is only there to begin with because of the stupid points system required by the 1968 Gun Control Act.

IMHO that's reason enough to remove it, just on principle.

ETA: I have sanded them, but it's much easier just to spend the $14 for a G17 trigger bar.
    Last edited by Dave J; 02-29-2016 at 11:03 AM.

So...I've got a lot of rounds through GLOCK 19s. I had a gen 3 that I ran stock, and I've been running a gen 4 stock (except for a gadget). The gen 4 has almost hit 40,000 rounds. I "dealt" with the serrated trigger in the beginning, but I've found that I actually like it. The serrations help me feel for perfect finger placement at speed, which allow me to get a good, repeatable trigger press. Obviously, muscle memory on any gun, flat, serrated, whatever, is going to allow you to have a fast, repeatable press.

...regardless of why the trigger has serrations (because of a dumb law), they aren't necessarily detrimental to shooting the gun. They aren't necessarily an improvement either. Hopefully you can find what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    So...I've got a lot of rounds through GLOCK 19s. I had a gen 3 that I ran stock, and I've been running a gen 4 stock (except for a gadget). The gen 4 has almost hit 40,000 rounds. I "dealt" with the serrated trigger in the beginning, but I've found that I actually like it. The serrations help me feel for perfect finger placement at speed, which allow me to get a good, repeatable trigger press. Obviously, muscle memory on any gun, flat, serrated, whatever, is going to allow you to have a fast, repeatable press.
    I find myself of the same opinion, and just yesterday after my range outing was contemplating putting a serrated trigger in my 17.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I liked the G19 trigger when I was using just the pad of my finger, but when I started using more of my finger the smooth (G17) trigger felt better.

Given the low cost, the G17 trigger bar is worth a try.

It's not uncommon for the little safety lever on the trigger to have a rough or sharp-ish mold mark on it, easily taken care of by a bit of sandpaper or a real sharp knife
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I've dropped several OEM G17 triggers into G19's, and I recommend it 100%.

Okie John

User Tag List