View Poll Results: Which chainsaw for under $400?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stihl MS251

30 45.45%
  • Husky 445

10 15.15%
  • Dolmar 421

3 4.55%
  • Mods here are shit

15 22.73%
  • Some other saw

10 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: LittleLebowski's big inspirational chainsaw thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Oh crap. I thought I was already setup as recurring. Did my renewal fail last go round? Feeling a little dumb...
    I’ll check.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Talk to me about the 576XP.

I was going to buy the 576XP the morning I bought the 572xp. If one had been in stock or delivery times would have been reasonable, that would have been the saw I walked out with. I have run several tanks of gas through the 576 with a 32 inch bar stumping for a grader. It is tip heavy with that length but would balance better with a 28 and dang near perfect with a 24. There isn't much that will slow that saw down. I believe it is a 74cc motor with a standard carb and turns close to 10k rpm. I weighs 15 pounds or so depending on bar length but is lighter than the comparable Stilh product. If you need to cut big wood it will more than suffice.

Site Supporter
    Thanks to @Cookie Monster for the new dogs for my Stihl. Cut up some downed trees at a friends place today. Getting a little better at hand filling, but always room to improve.

Attachment 62204

In the spirit of @Cookie Monster’s generosity, my new saw doesn’t fit in the case I bought for my Husky. It is the one below and comes with a 20” scabbard. If there is a site supporter following this thread that could use this case, I’ll ship it to you. First to post in the thread gets it. I’ll PM the taker for details.

Attachment 62205
    It’s funny, I just put some large 4 spike Pro-Safety spike on the second 461 work saw. Then West Coast Saw has to come out with these like two weeks later. To be fair Gordie warned me.

https://westcoastsaw.com/collections...35933315891364

I’ll probably have a set headed to me this week with a couple of bark boxes as well.

I need some 32 inch bars and another Max Flow filter kits as well.

Thanks to @Cookie Monster for the new dogs for my Stihl. Cut up some downed trees at a friends place today. Getting a little better at hand filling, but always room to improve.

Attachment 62204

In the spirit of @Cookie Monster’s generosity, my new saw doesn’t fit in the case I bought for my Husky. It is the one below and comes with a 20” scabbard. If there is a site supporter following this thread that could use this case, I’ll ship it to you. First to post in the thread gets it. I’ll PM the taker for details.

Attachment 62205
    I am guessing that would hold my new Stihl. I'll take it.

Edit: That sounded rude. I meant, I would love to have that, please. Thank you for offering it up.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 10-24-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Double post

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I got a little too carried away splitting manually with a maul... oh well, that’s how we get proper callouses.

Attachment 62171

I am not going to say anything, I'm just gonna leave this right here....

I like the Fiskars too. I have the 8lb model and wish I could have found the 6lb. The 6lb from Lowes is doing very well though.

Amazing what you can find in a 100 + year old oak.

I made this post to show the pics Crazy Dane posted, it took a little work to get them to display. Wild pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane

I like the Fiskars too. I have the 8lb model and wish I could have found the 6lb. The 6lb from Lowes is doing very well though.

Amazing what you can find in a 100 + year old oak.

Name:  B51-A07-C3-0-A18-4513-A3-D4-0-BEC31386-EAE.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:  15-B2-D49-C-944-F-42-DA-8-E3-F-2-E3-F7-E3-AC7-B5.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  A1-D8-DD23-AC0-A-43-B6-9-B38-AD73001-D1504.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  77.5 KB
    #RESIST

If anyone has a line on a Dolmar 6400/7900/7910, holler. I know about the Home Depot rental ones for sale.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post

How has your experience been with the leather mechanix gloves? I tried a pair of the “summer” version as wasn’t particularly impressed with their lifespan.

Name:  16ABDA62-C39D-4A73-80B1-0B95E87B38EA.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  21.6 KB

Then again gloves and lifespan is a constant battle...

Site Supporter
    How has your experience been with the leather mechanix gloves? I tried a pair of the “summer” version as wasn’t particularly impressed with their lifespan.

Name:  16ABDA62-C39D-4A73-80B1-0B95E87B38EA.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  21.6 KB

Then again gloves and lifespan is a constant battle...
    Longest lived ones we've found at work is Ironclad HiViz ones. Arrive at independently since we all buy our own gloves, 4/5 of us run them.

User Tag List