Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Tactical De-escalation" and how its going to get people killed.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post

Completely agree that LE needs to get in front of explaining things. The problem is a political administrator's explanation and understanding will probably be different than most working cops.
    Another problem is that a good part of the population isn't willing to listen to reason.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I think that a certain segment of the public is not willing to listen to reason because of political/racial agendas, but much of the public is simply no longer capable of reason. People are no longer taught critical thinking and empirically based reasoning skills in school. I once saw a high school teacher promoting "new math" by decrying the "tyranny of numbers and facts". When people are raised in that kind of surreal, Orwellian atmosphere....appeals to reason are literally falling on deaf ears. Now, how much of the population is so affected is open for debate. But those people vote, and influence their elected officials. They tend to make decisions on the basis of emotions, and emotional people are loud. And some of them even get elected. I totally agree that LE agencies and the profession as a whole need to do a better job of educating the public, because no one else is gonna do it. A of of this is going to have to fall on LE unions, unfortunately, because LE Administrators are frankly part of the problem. I remember when I first became a cop and I looked up to the guys running things, thinking "We're in good hands. These guys have been around, they know what they're doing." Of course, I now know that LE management is largely clueless and is just making it up as they go along...hoping no one realizes what frauds they are. Chiefs are usually the least knowledgeable when it comes to use of force training and law, but they're the only ones doing the talking....if they're not silent for political reasons. But the public also tends not to trust anything coming from government employee unions. So back to square one. I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but so far haven't figured out the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    We have a highschool with a room where a judge sits, court staff, sheriffs and cells exist. They start it up every few years and shut it down when public opinion starts the favor one side or the other.

One of the main school recently closed which had a full time court room but its going to start up again.
    Wow. That's an indicator of failure on so many levels.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I just watched "Demolition Man" on cable. I couldn't help noticing that the San Angeles Police Captain lectured John Spartan on the sanctity of human life and that the strategy for capturing Simon Phoenix was not aggressive policing, but to wait for his next murder-death-kill so they know where he is. Police do not carry firearms, but a glow stick that renders suspect unconscious. When Spartan asks about their effectiveness, he is told, rather dubiously, "It's what we got." The movie is set in 2020 something, but PERF seems to have advanced the future/

Who says Stallone movies aren't realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Wow. That's an indicator of failure on so many levels.
    And then some, I dont even understand why they would do that but its an intended failure in my opinion.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

found a video and did a quick write-up

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/03/tactica...n-at-work.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    found a video and did a quick write-up

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/03/tactica...n-at-work.html
    I say outfuckingstanding job by the citizen coming to the aid of the officer. The officer is very lucky the man kept a cool head and made the decision to come to his aid.

At Thursday night's Ludlow City Council meeting, Police Chief Scott Smith thanked Megerle for coming to the aid of Hodge. Megerle was presented with a plaque for his heroism.

"I knew what I had to do and I just jumped in there and did it," Megerle said. He was simply at the grocery for a quick food run when he witnessed the shootout between Reynolds and Hodge. His background in the Army helped him in knowing what to do in the situation, he said. "I knew (Hodge) was in shock and I knew he was bleeding bad. Actually, I thought I may have to grab his gun and shoot (Reynolds).

Here's a longer version of the video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3df_1457759868

User Tag List