Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ankle med kits

What Voodoo said and if that doesn't work another option to try is to channel your inner 80's.

Cut the top off a long sock and roll it up like an ankle sweat band as a shelf for the AFAK to sit on. Then wear a sock over it with AFAK over that. IF this makes sense.

I always wear tall Danner boots as I need the ankle support after the VA got a hold of my tibia, fibula and ankle. SO I don't run into this problem much.

Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

We have done two reviews on them over at blacksheepwarrior.com
    https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/st...-ver-2-review/
    https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/ri...em-ams-review/
    Hope that helps!
    Will

Anyone have any long term results or feedback? What’s the favored ankle kit these days? I need something to carry a spare Glock mag, Celox bandage, chest seal, and CAT TQ.

I’ve used the Ricci (strike industries) for years. Initially they lasted well over a year, close to two for every day wear. The last couple the Velcro has failed after only a couple months. They replace them free of charge but I’m over it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone have any long term results or feedback? What’s the favored ankle kit these days? I need something to carry a spare Glock mag, Celox bandage, chest seal, and CAT TQ.

I’ve used the Ricci (strike industries) for years. Initially they lasted well over a year, close to two for every day wear. The last couple the Velcro has failed after only a couple months. They replace them free of charge but I’m over it.
    I've been carrying the Ryker for a couple of years, and it is holding up fine. I bought them for our entire narc unit before I left the PD, and those guys are still using them without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I've been carrying the Ryker for a couple of years, and it is holding up fine. I bought them for our entire narc unit before I left the PD, and those guys are still using them without issue.

Good intel - thanks!

I'm still using the first Rescue Essentials ankle kit that I bought in 2015 or so.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Another vote for the Ryker AFAK. Been using mine during every shift since 2017 with zero issues. It's super comfortable once it "molds" to your ankle and the Velcro is holding up like it was on day one.

I’m still using the Ryker I bought when they first came out. No issues.

User Tag List