Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois AG wants names of gun owners to be released to the press...

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hmm, seems like a better idea for those who live in Illinois would be to buy their guns "off the books" if that's the case. I've never registered a gun so I don't know what all is involved in that.
    There's no way to do that legally in Illinois. The state requires all residents to have a FOID (Firearms Owner Identification Card) to own a firearm, purchase a firearm, or even purchase ammo.

It is a felony to carry a loaded firearm, unless you are hunting or on a target range. It really is an anti-gun state, but then again, the state follows whatever precedence that Chicago sets, so it's really not that surprising.

Wheeler
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

My brother lives in Illinois and he is more anti-gun than pro-gun (but mostly neutral), but for the most part the people of the state in general are very progun (from what I have seen). There is a lot of farmland and rural areas and signs on the highways that rear GUNS SAVE PEOPLE. The problem with the state is Chicago and the city rules everything else in the state. The people ther need help with the anitgun minority that have all the power. Just my .02.

Try to get a pro-gun legislator to tack on an amendment that grants no exemptions.
    If Joe Sixpack get's his name and home address published so does every politician, celebrity, judge, police officer, business executive, lawyer, socialite and news editor.

I'd support that, but with it being Illinois, don't think that will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Try to get a pro-gun legislator to tack on an amendment that grants no exemptions.
    If Joe Sixpack get's his name and home address published so does every politician, celebrity, judge, police officer, business executive, lawyer, socialite and news editor.

User Tag List