Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More SERPA DERP

More SERPA DERP

A short video clip from a recent episode of Guns&Ammo TV where the hosts dismiss anyone who claims that the SERPA design is unsafe as "not being able to internalize keeping their finger straight and off if the trigger" or "don't understand the four safety rules".

Whelp, watch what happens when we slow down Pat Sweeney's draw from the SERPA with his Walther PPQ....
    http://youtu.be/LXakcPB0evk
    Last edited by NickDrak; 02-23-2016 at 02:37 AM.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Please go viral. Please go viral. Please go viral.

A friend of mine just bought a SERPA to carry his USP45 in, as he had no holster at all. I'm still not sure I didn't give myself a concussion when my head hit the desk. I'll send him the link to that video. Why doesn't safariland make the 6378 for it?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Thanks, that's a good video to watch.

And yet there are shelves full of Blackhawk! holsters for sale in almost any gun shop I go into, more so than almost any other brand. Kinda weird.

Thanks for posting.

I almost always give the benefit of the doubt to folks that they are perfectly trained on the use of the SERPA, no matter how unlikely that may be. My argument is always that the SERPA is a poor concealment holster, since it doesn't hold the gun close to the body, and a poor range/training/competition holster since there is no reason for retention device on a range/training/competition holster. Concealment and range/training/competition takes up the vast majority of holster uses for the average person and the SERPA is a poor choice for all of it.

Certainly, there are some areas where that retention device could be useful, like ATV riding, boating, etc., but there are probably still better options available like Safariland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks, that's a good video to watch.

And yet there are shelves full of Blackhawk! holsters for sale in almost any gun shop I go into, more so than almost any other brand. Kinda weird.
    Marketing.

I've seen exactly one Serpa in use at a class, and it broke after one day of use.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    there is no reason for retention device on a range/training/competition holster.
    There's a (good) reason why retention holsters are popular in 3-Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    A valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Outdoor holsters as well.

Doing things like walking through brush, riding ATVs/horses/etc. can test your holster retention.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List