Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9MM Semi-wadcutter

9MM Semi-wadcutter

Does anyone know of a 9MM semi-wadcutter that is between a 125gr and 147gr? Prefer coated but I'm open minded. The only ones that I could find is this 150gr Bayou and this 125gr SWC Missouri Bullet Co.

How does a Flat Point round compare to SWC?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    How does a Flat Point round compare to SWC?
    FRP may feed better than SWC. Overall profile is different (FRP is like a round nose with the round point lopped off).

If you do a google image search, you'll see the difference right off. They're quite different.

Chris

I've fired actual resized .38 special LSWC bullets from handloaded 9mm rounds before, so I know it can be done and be reliable, but I don't know of anyone making such ammo.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

A buddy tried the Bayou 150 SWC in his 1911 and didn't like them. I don't remember exactly why.

What is your purpose? The Bayou 147 flat points cut a pretty nice hole in cardboard.

When I went from .45 to 9mm years ago, the biggest thing I missed was the nice clean holes the LSWC made from the .45 I was shooting. I never did find anything else that would come close in 9mm and eventually gave up and just shoot factory ammo now as the $:time wasn't worthwhile for me with 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've fired actual resized .38 special LSWC bullets from handloaded 9mm rounds before, so I know it can be done and be reliable, but I don't know of anyone making such ammo.
    ^ This is the answer and it's not that hard to do. A Lee size/lube kit is about $20 and you can resize commercially cast bullets. However, I think coated bullets would get skinned.

The other option is cast your own: http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...sort=2a&page=2
    Last edited by Hambo; 02-23-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    ^ This is the answer and it's not that hard to do. A Lee size/lube kit is about $20 and you can resize commercially cast bullets. However, I think coated bullets would get skinned.
    The link that the OP posted has SWCs already sized for 9mm, something I didn't know existed in the wild. That would certainly cut out a big step in the process.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 02-23-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I hadn't finished my first coffee yet, but I was thinking that if there's a mold, there's a bullet out there somewhere. That doesn't seem to be the case with anything between the 125 and 150 he listed. But now he's got me interested in the Bayou 150gr.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The big honken 150gr SWC would work great out of a carbine, but I was hoping to find something a bit better for my pistol (~135gr).

I used to shoot a coated 135gr. 9mm sized SWC bullet from Master Blaster, now out of business. They fed very well in my '91 CZ 75. I have been looking for a replacement since.

User Tag List