Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Beginner Trap & Skeet Gun

I play 5 stand (or a similar game called crazy quail) about once a month.

I buy Winchester Super Target, 1oz, 8 shot, 1180FPS when I see it. It's some of the softest recoil I can get with my 1301T.
    Name:  20230509_092017.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  33.1 KB

It is significantly better than the Fiocchi loads I've tried. I had a box of Fiocchi stuff that was 1 1/8oz, 8 shot, 1200FPS for a game last week. (Used an 1187. New feild had barrel length restrictions). It was alot harsher despite a small increase in velocity to account for the extra weight.

I basically go with 1oz, lowest velocity I can get most of the time. Shot size is more or less unimportant to me.

Maybe read up on some advice from lady shooters or better yet talk to some of them.

Also, there are padded shooting jackets and upgraded recoil pads.

Found a couple more things I'm gonna try. The Noble sport stuff says 1200 fps but also “low recoil” so seems worth a shot.

The B&P stuff is only 1160 fps. I'm guessing it won't cycle the gun but also worth a shot.

Name:  IMG_0341.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  38.2 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I had a box of Fiocchi stuff that was 1 1/8oz, 8 shot, 1200FPS for a game last week. (Used an 1187. New feild had barrel length restrictions). It was alot harsher despite a small increase in velocity to account for the extra weight.

I basically go with 1oz, lowest velocity I can get most of the time. Shot size is more or less unimportant to me.
    FWIW the Fiocchi I have on order is lighter and slower, so hopefully softer. It's 1 oz at 1170fps, which I think yields about 13% less recoil than the Fiocci load you mention and should be on par or even slightly softer than the Winchester you're shooting.

Presuming it cycles the gun, of course...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    FWIW the Fiocchi I have on order is lighter and slower, so hopefully softer. It's 1 oz at 1170fps, which I think yields about 13% less recoil than the Fiocci load you mention and should be on par or even slightly softer than the Winchester you're shooting.

Presuming it cycles the gun, of course...
    Let me know what you think of it. Hopefully it cycles okay. I haven't had any issues with light loads in my 1301.

I honestly don't recall where I picked up the Fiocci I did. I was pressed to grab an extra box before the weekend and picked it up.

User Tag List