Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 - Revisited

I shot my P30SK V1 today for the first time today and against my 2013 G19G4 and my new G43. Surprising me, after four magazines of SK I was able to outshoot my G19 with the LEM; perhaps I'm already acclimating to the LEM trigger, or perhaps it was the absence of a trigger tab, or perhaps it's the slightly shorter trigger reach than on the G19. (P30SK V1 was 2.86" against my G19's 2.91.") In any case, what began as a shotgun pattern with the SK became a reasonable (for me) group at the end of 100 or so rounds. I did not shoot the G19 as well as I have in the past, so I suspect I've lost interest in punishing my trigger finger pad with the G19 trigger tab. The SK shot low for me, and I'll definitely need a front sight replacement if I keep it.

Interestingly, I shot the G43 little better than both the G19 or the P30SK LEM. It didn't "squirm" for me as I seen written up by some others; maybe they were using +P while I was using standard pressure rounds. One big plus for me with the G43 was a more comfortably shorter trigger reach (2.65," IIRC) than either of the other two. I could use my trigger finger pad (more of the hated trigger tab punishment) or the first crease on the finger joint, something I'm unable to do with either the G19 or the P30 LEM.

Takeaway for me on the P30 is that I find it much more fun to shoot than the G19 so I'm likely to practice more. I do expect to have a long-term P30; what I don't know is whether I want the SK version or the full-size. I also don't know yet whether I want the LEM, which I can shoot acceptably, or the V3 DA/SA.

Does the P30 DA/SA (V3) have a shorter or longer trigger reach than the V1?

Trigger reach is the same for the initial shot, slightly shorter for the SA on the V3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post

Takeaway for me on the P30 is that I find it much more fun to shoot than the G19 so I'm likely to practice more. I do expect to have a long-term P30; what I don't know is whether I want the SK version or the full-size. I also don't know yet whether I want the LEM, which I can shoot acceptably, or the V3 DA/SA.

Does the P30 DA/SA (V3) have a shorter or longer trigger reach than the V1?
    I agree about the "funner to shoot" factor of the P30. I have a G19 and when I compare shooting it to the P30, I feel like the P30 and VP9 are so much more refined. The Glock works, is priced better, and is super common but it feels like I'm driving an old truck.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I agree about the "funner to shoot" factor of the P30. I have a G19 and when I compare shooting it to the P30, I feel like the P30 and VP9 are so much more refined. The Glock works, is priced better, and is super common but it feels like I'm driving an old truck.
    This is often forgotten, and highly underrated otherwise. Proof of such can be found in the massive Passion of the Gun thread. IMO, it's part of the "find what works for you" statement.

How do you lower the hammer on a P30S V3? In the pics I see no lowering button back by the hammer, just the safety on the side. I'm not sure about the double action yet, and the S safety model gives me the opportunity NOT to have to use it. Do you lower it manually?
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 09-23-2017 at 04:12 PM.

How do you lower the hammer on a P30S V3? In the pics I see no lowering button back by the hammer, just the safety on the side. I'm not sure about the double action yet, and the S safety model gives me the opportunity NOT to have to use it. Do you lower it manually?
    There should be a decocker button in the back, just like a standard DA/SA P30.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-23-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Name:  IMG_2338.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  51.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks, Default and GJM.

If I don't think too long maybe I can get four magazines and an opportunity to ask, "Now how do I install those nickel and 12-pound springs?"
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 09-23-2017 at 04:33 PM.

A burglar stole my serious business handguns a few years back. I needed to get a gun quick and I didn’t want to worry about it having any weird issues. I immediately ran down to Clyde’s and picked up a P30 lem with factory night sights. I have never been “in love” with the plastic hk’s, but I trust them more than any other gun out of the box.

.... an opportunity to ask, "Now how do I install those nickel and 12-pound springs?"
    I did it today. It’s tedious, but doable. There is a good P30 detail strip pictorial (much easier to follow than a video, especially while your hands are all lubey) on HKPro that makes it pretty straightforward if you’ve got some mechanical aptitude at all.

A P30 sure as heck ain’t a Glock inside.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List