Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 - Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    StraitR, what sights are you going with?
    Sorry Sam, I completely missed this question.

I use 10-8 rears in everything if possible. Fronts vary, but I have the factory NS on my P30. I have a 10-8 FO front on my VP9.

ETA a massively crappy cell phone pic, but it's what I have.

Last edited by StraitR; 03-19-2016 at 12:29 PM.

HK P30 - Revisited

I would really like to get a FO setup for mine but am a little lost on a maker that offers a rear with a ledge and it seems like 10-8 may be the ticket. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sam; 03-19-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Sorry Sam, I completely missed this question.

I use 10-8 rears in everything if possible. Fronts vary, but I have the factory NS on my P30. I have a 10-8 FO front on my VP9.

ETA a massively crappy cell phone pic, but it's what I have.

How are you doing with your P30, sir? I put another 196 rounds through mine today and I feel like I haven't made much progress in the 1,600 rds through it. I was seething today. I feel like I am taking tons of steps back with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    How are you doing with your P30, sir? I put another 196 rounds through mine today and I feel like I haven't made much progress in the 1,600 rds through it. I was seething today. I feel like I am taking tons of steps back with this thing.
    What benchmarks are you using and how are you tracking your progress?

I'll admit, the LEM has been challenging. It's just SO different than what I've put the lion's share of my reps with for the last twenty years, which is 1911's and Glocks. I don't think that makes it bad, just different, and ultimately unfamiliar. At times, I've been quite discouraged, but I've only been at it for a month, have half the rounds through it you do and just over 1500 dry fire presses according to my log.

That all said, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. People have been, and are successful with an LEM, so the only thing holding me back is me.

ETA: I think the P30 as a AIWB platform is absolute perfection, for my purposes. Hammer + long trigger pull are exactly what I'm after. As far as the P30 itself, I couldn't be happier, I just need to adjust to the LEM and I think that will come through time and reps.

My wife is so freaking sick of hearing me dry fire, I sleep with one eye open.
    Last edited by StraitR; 03-19-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What benchmarks are you using and how are you tracking your progress?
    Usually every session, I do a dot torture. 2 sessions ago, I did 49/50 @ 3yds. I tried doing dot Torture at 3 yds again to clean it so I can move back. I was dropping shots and ended up with 41/50. It pissed me off royally.

I've done FAST on the timer and I am having a hell of a time out of the holster with that first shot making it onto the 3x5. All shots keep pushing left. What's worse is I am not calling the missed shots as I break the trigger. So then I take the timer out of the equation and work on the drill taking my time. And even during slow fire I am having a hell of a time tightening up the groups... much less at 7 yds.

I do dry fire practice several times per week and have probably put in 2x the amount of reps comparatively to live rounds. I adjusted grip and trigger finger at the last portion today to see if that would help. It seems to have helped a bit with respect to accuracy.

I know messing with other guns while trying to learn a specific one kills progress. But I haven't seen much if any progress in the last few sessions. I pick up my 1911 to do a FAST and I am drawing consistently faster, not dropping shots... even doing a double take when I put the rounds through the same hole in the T box three times, and then getting consistent shots in the circle and no misses. Times are faster too. And that's with 3 strings, after trying all morning with the LEM.

I've been successful before with the LEM, and it has rewarded me. But part of me wonders if I am almost too much inside of my head that I am dramatically over-thinking things. Like Craig said, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel because others have been successful, along with it being perfect AIWB gun... but the struggle is real.

ETA: I am headed back to the range tomorrow because my friend wants to mess with his hk45c and Usp9 tactical... and he wants to run on the timer so I will see what he has. But I am going to get back out there and try to do more accuracy stuff without the timer for me. I need to get the accuracy and fundamentals down with this trigger before going on the clock.
    Last edited by JohnK; 03-19-2016 at 11:57 PM.

but the struggle is real.

ETA: I am headed back to the range tomorrow...
    Truth.

John, if you're having any sort of grip/trigger finger location issues, try taking all the grip panels with you and play with different combination. To me, smalls all around is the clear winner in feel, but mediums all around is where I see my best performance. I figured this out last year on my VP9, and immediately verified the same on the P30.

The LEM can be a frustrating trigger. Right now I am completely struggling with my HD sights..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    The LEM can be a frustrating trigger. Right now I am completely struggling with my HD sights..
    That is the one thing I don't like about the P2000, as far as sights go the pickings are slim. I have meprolights on mine and I struggle with glare off them. I'm thinking about trying HDs, but I'd really love some Heinies like EVERY OTHER HK SINCE THE USP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    That is the one thing I don't like about the P2000, as far as sights go the pickings are slim. I have meprolights on mine and I struggle with glare off them. I'm thinking about trying HDs, but I'd really love some Heinies like EVERY OTHER HK SINCE THE USP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I lol the HDs; just having a rough time figuring out to drive the dot or tip of the blade..

User Tag List