Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 - Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Uh… what??? You're saying to replace the P30 levers with levers from an HK45C?.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Slim-...K45C-p2388.htm

Common, dude. This sort of failure to keep up with the finer details is going to get you banned from spouting about the LEM. You have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post

Common, dude. This sort of failure to keep up with the finer details is going to get you banned from spouting about the LEM. You have been warned!
    WTF are you doing up so early? Oh, probably researching your new IDPA blaster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

They work for the p30 right? Just doesn't retain the right slide release during take down.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    So in an unexpected twist, when I showed up today to pick out a V3, my buddy had actually found a V1 (LE model w/ 3 mags & NS). After a half hour of messing with both variants in the back offices, I clearly preferred the LEM. I didn't see that coming. We installed my rear 10-8 sight, and it shot a touch low with the front factory mepro night sight at 10 yards. Hopefully it will regulate at 25y when I get a chance to shoot it more next weekend.

The journey begins.

NICE, Your quest has peaked my interest and made me re-think some of my choices.

I have been following with interest, but gotta be honest my ADD kicked in, There are to may variants across the HK line for me to keep up with. Did you get the P30S, no decocker/saftey? Is my understanding correct, P30S LEM = DAO/No decocker/saftey? The advantage being a longer DA trigger pull than a SF, basically a DA SF with hammer?

I started with revolvers and of course 1911's, when Glock first hit the market I experimented with them, then HK's/Sig's for about 10 years. For a long time I just couldn't buy into the ugly ass SF plastic gun concept. I always like the HK's but price and availability were prohibitive, and I felt the HK DA/SA feel was not as nice as the revolvers I was use to, so I stuck with revolver. The idea at the time was that 45/357 were the only sensible caliber choices, That has changed also.

After accepting the revolver/1911 limitation I standardized on Glock, then PPQ. Reliability, availability,price,accessory support, and ease of shooting, especially for new shooters won out, Glock Winner. But to be honest I think there is a lot of room for error with a SF gun, ESPECIALLY for someone just starting out in the CW world, like when introduced to wife and kids.

Nothing wrong with SF, and revolvers/1911's will always have a special place in my heart, but I am seriously going to rethink and look at the LEM option.

Pleas keep us updated on your experience and opinions.

^^^^P30S LEM doesn't exist. There was a very limited run of P30LS LEM guns but they are very rare. All readily available 30S models are DA/SA with decocker and safety.

LOL.

To OP: find out the HK part number and call HK USA. HKParts marks up their prices by 100%-300%. Get some spare trigger return springs while you're at it, especially if you are going to use a heavy return spring.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-27-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    NICE, Your quest has peaked my interest and made me re-think some of my choices.

I have been following with interest, but gotta be honest my ADD kicked in, There are to may variants across the HK line for me to keep up with. Did you get the P30S, no decocker/saftey? Is my understanding correct, P30S LEM = DAO/No decocker/saftey? The advantage being a longer DA trigger pull than a SF, basically a DA SF with hammer?
    My understanding of current P30 model variants.

P30 - Standard P30 - Offered in V1 and V3 currently, from what I've seen.
    P30s - Has external manual safety on left side of frame and de-cocker on rear of the slide. Offered in V3 only.
    P30L - Half inch longer than standard P30. Not sure what variants and safety options exist, as I wasn't interested in an L model.

V1 - Light LEM. No de-cocker on LEM guns.

V2 - LEM. Again, no de-cocker on LEM. Didn't see any for sale, and read that they stopped offering it. Can be made with a spring swap.

V3 - DA/SA. De-cocker on rear of slide.

My one and only bit of advice that I can give at this point would be to make sure you get a chance to feel them all.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    To OP: find out the HK part number and call HK USA. HKParts marks up their prices by 100%-300%. Get some spare trigger return springs while you're at it, especially if you are going to use a heavy return spring.
    Not interested in changing any controls, it works perfectly as is for me, but I'll call HK USA about spare TRS's and maybe try a heavy. Thanks.

I was aware of those; there are several iterations of them, in fact.

What I thought he was saying was to use HK45C-specific levers.

... spouting about the LEM.
    I'm about done with that, anyway.

Site Supporter
    Since we are down the P30 rabbit hole, a question.

I seen two different P30L / LS .40 calibers offered for sale with 40 to 0 conversion barrels. Any idea who makes these ?

I was aware of those; there are several iterations of them, in fact.

What I thought he was saying was to use HK45C-specific levers.
    I'm about done with that, anyway.

I was just making a funny. . Don't stop sharing. Your LEM passion is muy viril.

More importantly though, how ya liking that 229?

User Tag List