Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6?

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6?

Anyone have experience and/or an opinion on this scope for a range toy or more?

I have one for a 10/22 build that's not complete. I did put it on an AR for a range session and thought the illumination stopped working properly or the battery was dying. Got home and it looked normal. Lesson was that it's not true daytime bright. There is very little noticeable fish eye effect at 1x. Can't provide much else until I spend some time with it.

I bought one too. Only one range session with it though so far, so haven't really wrung it out at all. I didn't notice any immediate negatives.

I've now had a chance to shoot with one of these a few times now. My buddy has one (on a Tavor...) and I've helped him zero it as well as a couple more range trips now.

Finally getting to use it out in full sunlight yesterday, I was disappointed with the brightness level. It was not bright enough to use both eyes open like a red dot (which works great with my TR24). I think it is more sensitive to eye (mis-)alignment than the TR too, but some of that could be the oddity of shooting it on the Tavor. It seems like a lot of optic for the money, though, I think it's more biased towards the mid-to-longer range shooting than some of the other LPVs, in the sense it feels more like a typical magnified optic that can be dialed all the way down to 1x, versus others (TR24 is my biggest reference point here) that feel more like a red-dot with built in magnification.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've got one. Not bad for the $$. I've used it mostly on 6x and the eye box is a little finicky. I'm pleased with the brightness. I will say the bdc hashes seems to be spot on with 55 grain rounds and a carbine length barrel out to 550 yds anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Didn't want to start another thread so necro'ing this one....

Just ordered one these 1-6 strike eagle's for a review/temp use until the 1-8x comes out.

Found it for like $299 online ordered a cheap aero ultralight mount for it as well.

Will update as I use it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Didn't want to start another thread so necro'ing this one....

Just ordered one these 1-6 strike eagle's for a review/temp use until the 1-8x comes out.

Found it for like $299 online ordered a cheap aero ultralight mount for it as well.

Will update as I use it.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Well it ain't like you got that new 1-8x hotness, do ya?

But like, when you do, hit a brotha up.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Well it ain't like you got that new 1-8x hotness, do ya?

But like, when you do, hit a brotha up.
    I could have sold you the 1-6 SE as well, your loss
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    I could have sold you the 1-6 SE as well, your loss
    for cheaper than $299 shipped?
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List