Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am uncertain about PCC's viability as a standalone division. I am seeing how slow the carry optics has been in making the inroads despite seemingly vocal support before its introduction and I can't help but draw analogies. I personally would be more interested in a 2-gun format, remove the stupid shotgun and use the USPSA stage setup.
    Y,

I think the neatest part of the PCC idea is that it plugs directly into the USPSA pistol type stages so seamlessly, without any of the extra onerous details involved in running typical 2 gun/3 gun stages. Mind you this is coming from someone who who was frustrated spending 5 hours yesterday shooting an outlaw 2 gun match (There was a good bit of down time). But the simplicity and ease of implementation is what makes it so attractive to me. Whether or not it takes off is another matter, but I'm eager to shoot it some. I'll be doing it in conjunction to shooting pistol, though, not standalone.

t

I've run my 9mm AR in local IDPA and USPSA matches without any issues. We've never had to change the COF to accommodate the AR. I just shoot it using the exact same instructions as the pistol. If it says support hand only, I shoot it with just my support hand - where else will you practice one handed rifle shooting?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I see PCC division as an opportunity to work with another tool and transferable skills. Not every match, but once in awhile. Should be fun.

I'm not looking forward to another variable that will slow down matches at the more inefficient clubs.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    We won't know until we try. If people want to shoot it they can, if not they don't. Carry Optics has a decent following in my area. Maybe 7-8 guys. It doesn't matter to me what other people shoot. It has absolutely zero effect on me in Production; same with the guys shooting Open or Limited. It doesn't slow anyone down, it doesn't cost any money, it means zero. We follow open shooters around with gun bags, we'll follow PCC shooters with their hard case; whatever. I look forward to it - at least so I can buy a PCC.
    I am seeing a few more carry optics shooters each month. Not the Suarez inspired Timmie types, but rather more mature shooters than don't have eyes for iron sights, but don't want open guns. I could see shooting carry optics in the future, based on technology improvements, where I would want to carry a optic, or my eyes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    PCC in USPSA. Fashionably late isn't usually measured in decades.

No one uses a pistol caliber carbine by choice today for anything. Is it an ok sub caliber trainer? Sure, but only for the up close stuff.

Had they offered this division back when guys actually carried MP-5's and such, I would think it would have been better timing, at least from the P part of USPSA. Maybe not from the availability/AWB standpoint.

Either way, I think it will be fun to shoot, and I might have an MP-5/10 laying around that I could use:-)

Looks like minor scoring, so maybe I'll have to pull an MP-5 out instead.

Anyone know about optics?
    Optics are allowed. Basically anything goes, they are making this an open division at first to see where it goes.

Honestly I would look at it as "But LEOs don't use PCC and subguns anymore" and more as you now have an additional venue to shoot a rifle.

Around here USPSA matches are much more common that 3gun or action rifle matches. So if you have a PCC setup like your duty rifle (which is pretty easy to do) you can shoot a rifle that works very similarly to your duty rifle.

Personally I am much more excited about PCC that I ever was about Carry Optics.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Yeah, but my sub has been a shockingly decent gun.

WAY more reliable than the Colt SMGs my team had.
    Interesting. Mine has been ok too, but I don't know a thing about Colt SMGs.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Interesting. Mine has been ok too, but I don't know a thing about Colt SMGs.
    Three of our SMGs would regularly choke on FMJ ammo.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    I have noticed in my collection of Colt SMG mags that there are two visibly different followers Metalform apparently makes for its Colt SMG mags. One causes feeding problems, the other does not.

Beretta CX 4 carbines are very reliable also. Fairly well made except for the trigger.

I had access to and some responsibility for about 100 Colt SMG's at one point. They all ran flawlessly, year in and year out, without any babying being done.

Having said that, it has always been my understanding that the system is not super reliable, at least in part due to the magazine. Just can't say I've ever seen it be an issue.

User Tag List