Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Wow! How cool! I'm surprised that Lone Wolf, Palmetto Arms and Sig Sauer haven't tried to make something similar!
    ATI is coming out with one in the next couple of weeks: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-tactical-ars/ that should be much more affordable, albeit not a Wilson Combat-level gun.

I'm surprised that Ruger hasn't caught on to what's happening and re-releases the PC-9 in a more "tactical" get up.
    I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

Yeah my wife actually said I could SBR another 9mm lower, the total issue is if we go Glock its hard to Glock AR's. I have one and the Beretta Storm and would love to SBR the storm but I am using that as a quasi travel gun to places that cannot have flashhiders. PSA is using NFA lowres and I know the one I have is a QC10 lower.

After all the issues with surefire saying yes they are bringing attachments for my ryder 9 and then another saying no they are not have me thinking I should have just went with a gemtech. I am thinking of doing another 5.5 build and leaving it with a suppressor on it and a 7-9 inch rail. The pistol version might fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Exurbankevin View Post
    ATI is coming out with one in the next couple of weeks: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-tactical-ars/ that should be much more affordable, albeit not a Wilson Combat-level gun.

I'm surprised that Ruger hasn't caught on to what's happening and re-releases the PC-9 in a more "tactical" get up.
    My post was sarcastic, because Wilson combat's press release reads like their products are leading the industry like they used to in 2005 or so.

Sure, it's probably a nice product, but certainly not innovative. But that's their gig. They didn't invent the 1911, 870, AR15, M9...they just make polished, well fit, highly crafted versions of them. They're not inventing something new, though, and I get tired when they act like they are. They should just admit to being great at what they do, and stick to that.

Yeah...everyone's gonna follow suit eventually, like Wilson Combat is doing right now.

My post was sarcastic, because Wilson combat's press release reads like their products are leading the industry like they used to in 2005 or so.

Sure, it's probably a nice product, but certainly not innovative. But that's their gig. They didn't invent the 1911, 870, AR15, M9...they just make polished, well fit, highly crafted versions of them. They're not inventing something new, though, and I get tired when they act like they are. They should just admit to being great at what they do, and stick to that.

Yeah...everyone's gonna follow suit eventually, like Wilson Combat is doing right now.
    Josh: I think it depends on what one means by being "innovative" and "inventing something new." In the tech industry, none of this would be innovative. Given the stodgy nature of the gun industry, however, I think the Brig Tac was innovative, given it took 30 years for something to work with Beretta to turn a basic platform with some issues into a top end product. And, if they can get their PCC to work first time, every time with Beretta and Glock mags, they will have advanced the industry as well.

Anyway, I think Wilson does a much better job than others finding ways to bring innovative, though incremental, change to the industry.

I think a major reason that WC does well, is the company was founded by a big time gun enthusiast. Most new WC products are things Bill Wilson built because he likes them. I sure am glad Bill likes Beretta pistols, nice 1911 pistols and the AR family. It is also extremely helpful that Bill's son, Ryan, is an equally passionate shooter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Yeah! The ADP sure was great

That said, I buy lotsastuff from Wilson...so the balance is positive.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

Wilson Combat AR's are certainly decent but they aren't the "Wilson Combat" of AR's, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-25-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    OK, I know that not using an Aimpoint will get you killed on the streets but if it were me, I'd just slap the combo deal with the riser for the Primary Arms Advanced Micro and be rocking a daylight visible, well reviewed red dot with 50K hour battery life for $200. That is my next red dot. The owners of Primary Arms participate on some gun forums and stand behind their products. Uncle Pat Rogers told me that he "can't break" these sights.

Again, this is what I would do as I'm tired of spending $500-$700 on red dots and this would be a gaming gun anyway.
    I hear you. Duty / defense gun = Aimpoint but my range toys get Bushnell TRS -25's. I've had great luck with them and. Primary Arms has them on sale for $69 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wilson is offering one model for Glock magazines, available now, and another model for Beretta magazines, shipping soon.

I like how they have one that runs Beretta mags. 20 round Mec-Gar or 30 round Beretta mags could be alot of fun. Especially when running a Wilson Beretta 92.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Wilson Combat AR's are certainly decent but they aren't the "Wilson Combat" of AR's, if that makes sense.
    Particularly when you can get the very well regarded JP 9mm AR for less.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

User Tag List