Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Anyone ever try the 9mm's from Definitive Arms?
    https://www.coppercustom.com/shop/ri...s-side-folder/

DA makes very high quality AK builds, and though this 9 is not nearly as proven, it looks promising. Just the kind of thing a USPSA competitor would like to be in front of. :-)
    I have one, its a ball to shoot. I added the magpul folding stock and an rds and its the most requested gun to shoot by family and friends. Probably around 1k+ rounds through it by now. The stick mags occasionally need to be slammed in, in order to seat, even with bolt locked to rear but it could be they are still new. I have had exactly 1 ftf with it, it was with 147gr Jack Ross that was some kind of semi wadcutter / had a moderate abrupt shoulder. It was an expensive toy that has turned into a viable defensive gun since its a laser beam at 50y and in and has almost no recoil.

Pricey, but interdasting;

The Wilson Combat AR9 was designed from the ground up as the new standard in pistol caliber carbine reliability. The use of common 9mm service pistol magazines makes it an ideal choice for patrol, home defense and cost-effective tactical training.
    Not simply a converted AR-15, the Wilson Combat AR9 has been specifically designed for superior reliability and maximum accuracy, while retaining the familiar handling and controls of the AR platform. The AR9 is available with your choice of pistol magazine compatibility, barrel length, custom Armor Tuff colors and other accessory options to suit your specific needs.
    Wilson Combat engineers have designed three unique AR9 lower receivers with last round bolt hold open that are compatible with the most popular 9mm service pistol magazines from GlockⓇ, BerettaⓇ and S&WⓇ.
    http://wilsoncombat.com/new/rifle-ar...2#.VvBG8fkrI4d
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'd buy one if I didn't already have a 9mm she.

Wilson is offering one model for Glock magazines, available now, and another model for Beretta magazines, shipping soon.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What's everyone using for optics? I know jack shit about rifles.

Also, here's what I'm going to try using at first. https://imgur.com/a/sn3Su

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wilson is offering one model for Glock magazines, available now, and another model for Beretta magazines, shipping soon.

For $2000.

It's hard for me to justify a $2000 AR, or even PCC. It makes an MKE MP5 look inexpensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    What's everyone using for optics? I know jack shit about rifles.

Also, here's what I'm going to try using at first. https://imgur.com/a/sn3Su
    You want a red dot or magnified?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You want a red dot or magnified?
    Doesn't seem like we would be shooting beyond 35 yards often enough to justify magnified, but I'd be curious to see what others think.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wow! How cool! I'm surprised that Lone Wolf, Palmetto Arms and Sig Sauer haven't tried to make something similar!

I got the email about this today at work, and subsequently spent the next 15 minutes calculating the cost, plus SBR stamp, plus pistol suppressor, plus stamp, plus roughly having to wait until 2017 to get it. Very interdasting indeed.

User Tag List