Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Caliber Carbine

Looks a lot like a QC10 lower to me.

I assume it will work, but I'm not sure the wilson name is worth the markup if someone knows how to tune a 9mmAR ejector to get them running right.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Anyone ever try the 9mm's from Definitive Arms?
    https://www.coppercustom.com/shop/ri...s-side-folder/

DA makes very high quality AK builds, and though this 9 is not nearly as proven, it looks promising. Just the kind of thing a USPSA competitor would like to be in front of. :-)
    You could always wait and see how the Alfa turns out. http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/...pe-alfa-rifle/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Doesn't seem like we would be shooting beyond 35 yards often enough to justify magnified, but I'd be curious to see what others think.
    OK, I know that not using an Aimpoint will get you killed on the streets but if it were me, I'd just slap the combo deal with the riser for the Primary Arms Advanced Micro and be rocking a daylight visible, well reviewed red dot with 50K hour battery life for $200. That is my next red dot. The owners of Primary Arms participate on some gun forums and stand behind their products. Uncle Pat Rogers told me that he "can't break" these sights.

Again, this is what I would do as I'm tired of spending $500-$700 on red dots and this would be a gaming gun anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    OK, I know that not using an Aimpoint will get you killed on the streets but if it were me, I'd just slap the combo deal with the riser for the Primary Arms Advanced Micro and be rocking a daylight visible, well reviewed red dot with 50K hour battery life for $200. That is my next red dot. The owners of Primary Arms participate on some gun forums and stand behind their products. Uncle Pat Rogers told me that he "can't break" these sights.

Again, this is what I would do as I'm tired of spending $500-$700 on red dots and this would be a gaming gun anyway.
    Hmmm... I'm tempted to look at this for my 300 BLK rifle. You mention "daylight visible" -- would this also be usable in dim light? I wonder if my Troy irons would be visible in the lower third of the reticle? Depends on the mount I guess.

Then again, I've seen the Aimpoint Pro for sale way under $500 and the Aimpoint ACO for under $400...

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Hmmm... I'm tempted to look at this for my 300 BLK rifle. You mention "daylight visible" -- would this also be usable in dim light? I wonder if my Troy irons would be visible in the lower third of the reticle? Depends on the mount I guess.
    Yes and yes.

Site Supporter
    Yes and yes.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    tune a 9mmAR ejector to get them running right.
    And when you say "tune" I think you mean bend them with a pair of pliers till the gun runs right?

I struggled and struggled with mine, thinking it was my reloads, until I finally found some www advise on tweaking the ejector and it has run 100% ever since, except for a very small number of obviously flawed rounds (enough crimp for the pistol is just not enough crimp for the AR).

Primary Arms Advanced Micro and be rocking a daylight visible, well reviewed red dot with 50K hour battery life for $200.
    Thanks for this tip. I have a silver H-1 on my Ruger MK-III, because it is silver and Midway ran a bunch on an awesome sale a few years ago, but there are lots of ideas I have for that sight that just don't mesh with the $500. I mean, they are good ideas, just not that good of ideas...

I still look for sub $275 CompM2s shipped but I have an old primary Arms m68 look alike that just works. Some of the vortex optics look promising but, normally more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And when you say "tune" I think you mean bend them with a pair of pliers till the gun runs right?

I struggled and struggled with mine, thinking it was my reloads, until I finally found some www advise on tweaking the ejector and it has run 100% ever since, except for a very small number of obviously flawed rounds (enough crimp for the pistol is just not enough crimp for the AR).
    Haha, yep! That is precisely what I mean.

So far I've bent the ejector with pliers, cleaned up the bolt with a razor hone and sandpaper, used three different buffer springs, dramatically reduced OAL and increased crimp on my loads, and tweaked the position of the Hahn magazine block. I've just about got it running the way I want, though I'm still fighting with the LRBHO function.

Looking forward to the MP5
    TY83544

User Tag List